Slick and glossy, the work of Romain Lenancker never fails to make us swoon. We featured the art director’s work last year and his still life setups of cosmetics, ice and slinky tubes instantly captured that luxe feeling. This latest update sees Romain continue to execute his mastery in various projects that spotlight orb-like perfume bottles, graphic eye shadows and textured paint tubes.
It’s Nice That art director Jamie McIntyre, a champion of Romain’s originality and approach, says: “In the world of art direction and set design there’s a recurring trend of raw materials on bright Colorama to make abstract compositions, so it’s refreshing to see Romain continue to set the bar by exploring new methods of image making that are unfamiliar and unexpected.”
Working with different photographers and materials means Romain’s work feels exciting and effortlessly cool. His work becomes rich, polished and decadently sophisticated by presenting high-end accessories in a way that elevates them to beautiful works of art.
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books