Slick and glossy, the work of Romain Lenancker never fails to make us swoon. We featured the art director’s work last year and his still life setups of cosmetics, ice and slinky tubes instantly captured that luxe feeling. This latest update sees Romain continue to execute his mastery in various projects that spotlight orb-like perfume bottles, graphic eye shadows and textured paint tubes.
It’s Nice That art director Jamie McIntyre, a champion of Romain’s originality and approach, says: “In the world of art direction and set design there’s a recurring trend of raw materials on bright Colorama to make abstract compositions, so it’s refreshing to see Romain continue to set the bar by exploring new methods of image making that are unfamiliar and unexpected.”
Working with different photographers and materials means Romain’s work feels exciting and effortlessly cool. His work becomes rich, polished and decadently sophisticated by presenting high-end accessories in a way that elevates them to beautiful works of art.
- “Noise, exertion and rebellion”: Ari Marcopoulos’ latest exhibition, Machine
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Greg Barth puts world peace to a public vote in satirical film, Epic Fail
- Julia Petrova conveys mystery and darkness in her landscape illustrations
- Deividas Buivydas documents Boston, Lincolnshire, a town known as “the face of Brexit"
- Justin Sloane applies his blunt and nuanced ethos to multidisciplinary design
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s