It’s easy to repeat good advice and fail to follow it, but “a simple idea executed well” suited Scott Taylor very nicely and he’s really followed it through. While at Kingston University studying Graphic Design, the “executed well” has, until now, translated roughly as breeding flies so that they can be fixed on to tiny shield mounts, or a joint advertising campaign with Andy Shrubsole that meticulously forges split screen action and wins yellow pencils…
We also learnt that “Noah” is not his real middle name, despite what the domain says. Unfortunately, every .net, .com, .whatever for “Scott Taylor” has been monopolised by the likes of a left-handed pitcher or Canadian journalist. So he made a project out of it, got democracy on his side and by popular vote, was web-christened Scott Noah Taylor.
If your portfolio was on fire, and you could only save one piece/project, which would you choose, and why?
I’d definitely save the Fly on the Wall project because after killing all those flies I can’t just let the project burn in a blaze of fire.
If you could collaborate with another artist/designer (or a number of artists/designers) to make a piece of work, who would you work with and what would you make?
Well there are alot of people who I was at Kingston with who I’d like to work with but never got the chance, not only graphic designers, but illustrators as well. But I’d love the chance to collaborate with any F1 team on the design of their cars. They all seem pretty tame at the moment.
What was your finest moment at art school?
Winning a D&AD student award.
We believe it was the Jonas brothers who once said “we’re the kids of the future.” How, if at all, do you relate to that?
I believe they have also said “the future is now.”
Can you give us ONE prediction about you and your work for the next year?
I’ve always wanted to sell ice cream from an ice cream van so maybe I’ll have to set up my own studio and be working from there.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations