With 18 days left of the year and in the third week of discussions as part of our 2009 Review we are asking “What are you going to miss about 2009?”
We’re also leaving previous week’s open until the end of the year so you can still add to “What piece of work really stood out for you in 2009?” and “What was your favourite book/album/film of 2009?”.
You can find them and the rest of the weekly discussions here
My Ex-Girlfriend (IKH). She introduced me to the world of style, fashion, and interior decor. I have been hooked ever since.
Being in my 20’s.
Working full time
The prospect of the recession acting as a catalyst for social change (via design).
09 had a certain “the end is nigh” jena se qua that will be hard to beat.
Using the GFC as an excuse for just about anything. “Why haven’t you been at work for three weeks?” “Why, the GFC of course”
the fact that you could say 09 with a smile on your face,also know that the words “life 09” were true.who knows what we’ll say when we want to give props to 2010?
I will miss Jane Myers. My grandma passed away this year and as corny as this may sound, every time my grandpa sees the clouds part and the sun come out he will say, “There’s Jane again, bringing out the sun for us.”
I will miss falmouth and the sea
I will miss the present..
I’ll miss my incredible design class and tutors. 20 of the coolest people i’ve ever known.
The hours I had to sleep
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Kent Andreason's globetrotting adventures documented through nuanced observations
- Heroes and Villains: Rio 2016 through the eyes of Wilfrid Wood
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August