With 18 days left of the year and in the third week of discussions as part of our 2009 Review we are asking “What are you going to miss about 2009?”
We’re also leaving previous week’s open until the end of the year so you can still add to “What piece of work really stood out for you in 2009?” and “What was your favourite book/album/film of 2009?”.
You can find them and the rest of the weekly discussions here
My Ex-Girlfriend (IKH). She introduced me to the world of style, fashion, and interior decor. I have been hooked ever since.
Being in my 20’s.
Working full time
The prospect of the recession acting as a catalyst for social change (via design).
09 had a certain “the end is nigh” jena se qua that will be hard to beat.
Using the GFC as an excuse for just about anything. “Why haven’t you been at work for three weeks?” “Why, the GFC of course”
the fact that you could say 09 with a smile on your face,also know that the words “life 09” were true.who knows what we’ll say when we want to give props to 2010?
I will miss Jane Myers. My grandma passed away this year and as corny as this may sound, every time my grandpa sees the clouds part and the sun come out he will say, “There’s Jane again, bringing out the sun for us.”
I will miss falmouth and the sea
I will miss the present..
I’ll miss my incredible design class and tutors. 20 of the coolest people i’ve ever known.
The hours I had to sleep
- Tokyo illustrator Okamura Yuta and his endearing brush-and-ink characters
- French illustrator Damien Filliatre's “trashy and cynical” universe
- Graphic Designer Robynne Redgrave profiles prolific Yelp.com reviewer in You Can Change
- Photographer Ina Niehoff's "pure and silent" look at the Moroccan countryside
- The meticulously layered and striped paintings of Guy Yanai
- Design studio Sawdust shares its most-loved books
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant