With 18 days left of the year and in the third week of discussions as part of our 2009 Review we are asking “What are you going to miss about 2009?”
We’re also leaving previous week’s open until the end of the year so you can still add to “What piece of work really stood out for you in 2009?” and “What was your favourite book/album/film of 2009?”.
You can find them and the rest of the weekly discussions here
My Ex-Girlfriend (IKH). She introduced me to the world of style, fashion, and interior decor. I have been hooked ever since.
Being in my 20’s.
Working full time
The prospect of the recession acting as a catalyst for social change (via design).
09 had a certain “the end is nigh” jena se qua that will be hard to beat.
Using the GFC as an excuse for just about anything. “Why haven’t you been at work for three weeks?” “Why, the GFC of course”
the fact that you could say 09 with a smile on your face,also know that the words “life 09” were true.who knows what we’ll say when we want to give props to 2010?
I will miss Jane Myers. My grandma passed away this year and as corny as this may sound, every time my grandpa sees the clouds part and the sun come out he will say, “There’s Jane again, bringing out the sun for us.”
I will miss falmouth and the sea
I will miss the present..
I’ll miss my incredible design class and tutors. 20 of the coolest people i’ve ever known.
The hours I had to sleep
- Fear of a flat planet: Heatherwick Studio’s adventures with clay
- Graphic designer Braulio Amado picks out his favourite posters of 2016 from his new book
- Nice Threads, Mate embroiders throwaway British culture in incredible detail
- The high-powered fashion photography of duo Florence & Nicolas
- Beehives, blondes and boobs: Dolly Faibyshev photographs Dollypalooza
- Bold Decisions tests a type specimen’s form in personable font, Lars
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- Paul Rand’s IBM Graphic Standards Manual to be reissued
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project