With 18 days left of the year and in the third week of discussions as part of our 2009 Review we are asking “What are you going to miss about 2009?”
We’re also leaving previous week’s open until the end of the year so you can still add to “What piece of work really stood out for you in 2009?” and “What was your favourite book/album/film of 2009?”.
You can find them and the rest of the weekly discussions here
My Ex-Girlfriend (IKH). She introduced me to the world of style, fashion, and interior decor. I have been hooked ever since.
Being in my 20’s.
Working full time
The prospect of the recession acting as a catalyst for social change (via design).
09 had a certain “the end is nigh” jena se qua that will be hard to beat.
Using the GFC as an excuse for just about anything. “Why haven’t you been at work for three weeks?” “Why, the GFC of course”
the fact that you could say 09 with a smile on your face,also know that the words “life 09” were true.who knows what we’ll say when we want to give props to 2010?
I will miss Jane Myers. My grandma passed away this year and as corny as this may sound, every time my grandpa sees the clouds part and the sun come out he will say, “There’s Jane again, bringing out the sun for us.”
I will miss falmouth and the sea
I will miss the present..
I’ll miss my incredible design class and tutors. 20 of the coolest people i’ve ever known.
The hours I had to sleep
- Cats flying out of speakers and our technology addiction: highlights from Channel 4 Random Acts
- Kyle Bean's tactile simulacrums are brought to life with wit and precision
- Margot Bowman rethinks the selfie and the future of personalisation
- Warriors Studio and Freytag Anderson explore process and dialogue in new identity for GDFS 16
- Gorgeous Memphis-inspired, primary colour-packed work from Benjamin Rawson
- A cacophony of styles come together for this wacky promo animation for Gutter Fest
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- The best design courses in the UK, according to The Guardian University Guide 2017
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"