We usually associate Two Points with experimental graphic design; posters based upon complex systems for high-brow arts organisations, magazine covers that push print processes to their most exciting limits and books that investigate modes and trends that permeate the design industry. But their most recent work is much more commercially-minded than anything we’ve seen from them before.
They’ve just finished the brand identity for a Barcelona-based burger chain that prides itself on having humble roots. To celebrate their success they enlisted Two Points to give them a complete visual overhaul, reinventing everything from their logo to the interior architecture of their flagship restaurant. The studio has done a terrific job of creating an environment that seems fresh but not fast-foodie, and a range of print and online collateral that maintains a sense of fun, but makes it clear that Bacoa isn’t just a run-of-the-mill burger joint. Everything’s also approachable enough to be enjoyed by folks with little interest in design, using bold colours and punchy typography to lure you into what looks like a pretty great eatery. Delicious.
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Yoko Yuki takes us on a bizarre jaunt into town in this kaleidoscopic animation
- Director Nick Ahlmark captures the thrills of night riding for Vice and Samsung
- Marion Jdanoff's skillful screen prints and books are packed with vibrancy
- Illustrator Zoë Taylor’s heroine escapes a party through clichéd melodrama and sporadic linework
- Björk Vulnicura: inside the creation of the kafkaesque headpieces by James Merry and Neri Oxman
- Airbnb launches its own in-house design studio, Samara
- Subway unveils redesigned logo and new symbol
- Neubau introduces its latest immaculately minimal typeface, NB Akademie
- PES creates an epic scale, long-exposure stop motion film for Honda
- Rio Olympics 2016: the creative projects inspired by the Games
- Erin M Riley’s hand-woven tapestries re-contextualise online pornography (NSFW)