Artist and illustrator Steven Wilson has collaborated with Karl Lagerfeld on a new capsule collection that launches this week. The new line comprises of an embroidered satin bomber jacket, dresses, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans and culottes.
Steven is know for his colour-saturated work and brings his expertise and unmistakable style to the collaboration in a range of bold graphics. The artist chose to develop motifs associated with the brand including Karl himself, his cat Choupette, the brand’s logo, a camera and a pair of sunglasses. Steven’s work provides a shot of colour to the designer’s traditional monochrome aesthetic. Alongside the clothing, the collection launches with an animation that brings the work to life in gloopy, waving renders.
Brighton-based Steven has worked with clients including Converse, Nike, Adidas and Stussy in the fashion world, and says that his work lies “somewhere between pop and psychedelia.”
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books