Artist and illustrator Steven Wilson has collaborated with Karl Lagerfeld on a new capsule collection that launches this week. The new line comprises of an embroidered satin bomber jacket, dresses, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans and culottes.
Steven is know for his colour-saturated work and brings his expertise and unmistakable style to the collaboration in a range of bold graphics. The artist chose to develop motifs associated with the brand including Karl himself, his cat Choupette, the brand’s logo, a camera and a pair of sunglasses. Steven’s work provides a shot of colour to the designer’s traditional monochrome aesthetic. Alongside the clothing, the collection launches with an animation that brings the work to life in gloopy, waving renders.
Brighton-based Steven has worked with clients including Converse, Nike, Adidas and Stussy in the fashion world, and says that his work lies “somewhere between pop and psychedelia.”
- Like a milder version of Marmite, it’s Best of the Web!
- Meet graphic designer Tor Weibull and his tubular metal typography
- Glasgow watch company Paulin launch new Art Deco-inspired typeface
- Samuel Douek on his pop-up queer art space CAMPerVAN at Tate Modern
- Agnese Morganti celebrates the sparkle and community of Italy’s majorettes
- Friday Mixtape: Visions Festival make us a mix of eclectic acts from its line up
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Colette, the trailblazer: creatives pay tribute to the iconic Parisian store and its legacy
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels