The Oscars design team has given us access to the design work shown behind-the-scenes at the 88th Oscars Academy Awards, which took place last night at Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre. Working with Bootmaker Films, the in-house team produced an animation for the greenroom that charts the progression of the Academy Award-winning Best Picture poster art, from the early 20th Century to the present day.
For this year’s event, the in-house team also commissioned a series of posters by international artists and designers inspired by the awards’ specialist categories, such as Foreign Language (Daniel Schooler), Makeup and Hairstyling (Mads Berg) and Production Design (Fred Birchal.) These were on display at each of the events during Oscar Week, featured online and printed as custom gift sets for the filmmakers.
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- Futur Neue explores texts through clean typography, images and unusual printing techniques
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations