This Friday night I will be up in Newcastle with Alex and another project I co-run, ‘If You Could’.
To be exhibitited at the fire station in Newcastle as part of the prestigious Design Event 07 we’ve asked 12 of the finest creatives to draw us up a blueprint for change, responding to the question ‘If you could design anything to improve the way we live – what would it be?’ . Contributors include Rob Ryan, James Goggin (pictured), Jeremyville, Jasmine Raznahan, Hyperkit, Emmi Salonen, Anthony Burrill, Andrew Rae, Adam Hayes, thomas.matthews, Demelza Hill and Pierre Vanni.
In true ‘If You Could’ fashion we’re also involving visitors to the event and asking for their respose to question. All these answers will be dispayed alongside the framed images on smaller blueprints. Check out the images on our flickr.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”