This Friday night I will be up in Newcastle with Alex and another project I co-run, ‘If You Could’.
To be exhibitited at the fire station in Newcastle as part of the prestigious Design Event 07 we’ve asked 12 of the finest creatives to draw us up a blueprint for change, responding to the question ‘If you could design anything to improve the way we live – what would it be?’ . Contributors include Rob Ryan, James Goggin (pictured), Jeremyville, Jasmine Raznahan, Hyperkit, Emmi Salonen, Anthony Burrill, Andrew Rae, Adam Hayes, thomas.matthews, Demelza Hill and Pierre Vanni.
In true ‘If You Could’ fashion we’re also involving visitors to the event and asking for their respose to question. All these answers will be dispayed alongside the framed images on smaller blueprints. Check out the images on our flickr.
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Meet the speakers: Carl Burgess, Oscar Hudson, Mirka Laura Severa and Olivia Ahmad
- Varied, playful and slightly odd drawings from Japanese illustrator Summer House
- Thomas Colligan’s zine encourages us to appreciate the small things in life
- John Feely on capturing life in “remote” Mongolia and learning a new way of living
- Creative director David Lane tells us about redesigning frieze and creating campaigns for Hermés and Ally Capellino
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio