This Friday night I will be up in Newcastle with Alex and another project I co-run, ‘If You Could’.
To be exhibitited at the fire station in Newcastle as part of the prestigious Design Event 07 we’ve asked 12 of the finest creatives to draw us up a blueprint for change, responding to the question ‘If you could design anything to improve the way we live – what would it be?’ . Contributors include Rob Ryan, James Goggin (pictured), Jeremyville, Jasmine Raznahan, Hyperkit, Emmi Salonen, Anthony Burrill, Andrew Rae, Adam Hayes, thomas.matthews, Demelza Hill and Pierre Vanni.
In true ‘If You Could’ fashion we’re also involving visitors to the event and asking for their respose to question. All these answers will be dispayed alongside the framed images on smaller blueprints. Check out the images on our flickr.
- 71-year-old, formerly homeless Romanian collage artist Ion Bârlādeanu opens first UK show
- Glossy nostalgia from fashion photographer Charlotte Wales
- Simon Eeles’ photographic series is “a tender and wry postcard” from Australia
- Andrea Ucini’s conceptual illustrations play with perspective
- “Sensitive, rigorous” graphic design from Parisian Jérémy Glâtre
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know