This Friday night I will be up in Newcastle with Alex and another project I co-run, ‘If You Could’.
To be exhibitited at the fire station in Newcastle as part of the prestigious Design Event 07 we’ve asked 12 of the finest creatives to draw us up a blueprint for change, responding to the question ‘If you could design anything to improve the way we live – what would it be?’ . Contributors include Rob Ryan, James Goggin (pictured), Jeremyville, Jasmine Raznahan, Hyperkit, Emmi Salonen, Anthony Burrill, Andrew Rae, Adam Hayes, thomas.matthews, Demelza Hill and Pierre Vanni.
In true ‘If You Could’ fashion we’re also involving visitors to the event and asking for their respose to question. All these answers will be dispayed alongside the framed images on smaller blueprints. Check out the images on our flickr.
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)