I’ve been waiting to post these guys after stumbling across them over a year ago when having lunch in a studio next to their barge.
Now you don’t hear that very often, and maybe you haven’t heard of Hammer & Tongs, but I can guarantee you’ve seen their music videos, films, viral, commercials and more.
An interesting little site too with a great ‘cinema’ section where you can watch some absolute classic moving image. Including this week’s monday morning music video (back by popular demand!) which is the brilliant oversized puppet versions of Supergrass with ‘Pumping on Your Stereo’. You can view it in the cinema (pictured) or on the youtube link below. Enjoy your week, it’s getting warmer!
- Curator Shonagh Marshall takes us through the highlights from Hair by Sam McKnight
- Yeji Yun’s imaginative zine combines frozen lands, whales and cocktails
- Zhang Kechun encapsulates the oblivion of China's mysterious Yellow River
- Artist Anna Valdez brings her eye for detail to digital painting
- Bold in its broadness, the work of Dave Singley
- Córdova Canillas seek inspiration between nostalgia and obsolescence for C de C annual
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity