I’ve been waiting to post these guys after stumbling across them over a year ago when having lunch in a studio next to their barge.
Now you don’t hear that very often, and maybe you haven’t heard of Hammer & Tongs, but I can guarantee you’ve seen their music videos, films, viral, commercials and more.
An interesting little site too with a great ‘cinema’ section where you can watch some absolute classic moving image. Including this week’s monday morning music video (back by popular demand!) which is the brilliant oversized puppet versions of Supergrass with ‘Pumping on Your Stereo’. You can view it in the cinema (pictured) or on the youtube link below. Enjoy your week, it’s getting warmer!
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Patrick Kyle uses analogue and digital techniques in these pared-back illustrations
- Audrey Weber’s eccentrically enlarged figurative illustrations
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- The Smudge: Clay Hickson and Liana Jegers launch publication in reaction to US presidential result
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio