This week, comic artist and illustrator Jeffrey Brown joins us for It’s Not Us. Jeffrey’s work is at once warm, funny and inherently human – laying to paper the minutiae of relationships, his superhero alter ego and his love of robots.
‘Here’s a taste of the cover artwork (it’s still being designed) for my book Little Things which will come out next April. It’s a collection of shorter autobiographical comics – a dozen stories from 80 pages or so down to 5 or 10 pages long, with a few 20-40 page stories. The first story was drawn a couple years ago, so it’s been a long time in the making, and I’m looking forward to finishing it up and having a printed book to hold finally.’
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages