I’ve been in Edinburgh this week and while I’ve seen plenty of nice things (Field Music at The Bongo Club last night especially), Randan Discotheque won me over.
Seen here performing last year with the Cardboard Cutout Band, I saw Randan (real name Craig Coulthard) play a lovely set of instantly likable folk-pop. Listen and enjoy – particularly ‘Courting’.
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Photographer Matthew Brown explores the forgotten details in a university campus
- First Dates for those who create: Studio Swine tells us about their working relationship
- Experimental Jetset, Build and others' war posters curated by Pentagram's Alex Brown
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?