Originally guest posted by Karl Grandin
Rebel artist Sture Johannesson is one of the most interesting Swedish artists of all time and a major influence of mine. I would recommend the book ‘Sture Johannesson’, part psychedelic philosophy, part biography published by Lucas & Sternberg, New York, but while you’re looking for it, go check out his web site. Revolution means revolutionary consciousness!
- Allen Jones' Maîtresse, a series of S&M-inspired paintings
- First Dates for those who create: London agency Form on their working relationship
- Air-brushed psychedelia and neon lights abound in Robert Beatty’s new work
- Jack Davison shoots parrots with PTSD for The New York Times Magazine
- Graphic design work to challenge and empower the reader
- "A think tank for a week, and a do-tank for the rest of the year" : Ravi Naidoo on Design Indaba
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- More salaciously surreal illustrations from French duo Mrzyk & Moriceau