Another busy week collating the content for Issue #2, and some lovely stuff to keep you abreast of. We interviewed the fantastic Wilfrid Wood at his studio (pictured), spoke to Michael Gillette in San Francisco via the power of Skype and ventured up to North London to have a look (and listen) to Airside founder and one-half of Lemon Jelly, Fred Deakin’s record collection. As well as work coming in from the likes of Noma Bar, Barnaby Barford, Brock Davis, Mother London and Dominic Wilcox.
All coming together very nicely, pre-order is available now.
- “It's not overly-shiny ‘render porn’ — it's got soul”: Margot Bowman on her new film for River Island
- Vogue interior photographer François Halard’s personal polaroids
- Nora Sturges’ clean and simple paintings using the unusual medium of eggs
- “A small Japanese photographer is on the same page of great photographers!”: Piczo joins WeFolk
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages