Another busy week collating the content for Issue #2, and some lovely stuff to keep you abreast of. We interviewed the fantastic Wilfrid Wood at his studio (pictured), spoke to Michael Gillette in San Francisco via the power of Skype and ventured up to North London to have a look (and listen) to Airside founder and one-half of Lemon Jelly, Fred Deakin’s record collection. As well as work coming in from the likes of Noma Bar, Barnaby Barford, Brock Davis, Mother London and Dominic Wilcox.
All coming together very nicely, pre-order is available now.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf