Another busy week collating the content for Issue #2, and some lovely stuff to keep you abreast of. We interviewed the fantastic Wilfrid Wood at his studio (pictured), spoke to Michael Gillette in San Francisco via the power of Skype and ventured up to North London to have a look (and listen) to Airside founder and one-half of Lemon Jelly, Fred Deakin’s record collection. As well as work coming in from the likes of Noma Bar, Barnaby Barford, Brock Davis, Mother London and Dominic Wilcox.
All coming together very nicely, pre-order is available now.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”