Visual Acoustics celebrates the life and career of Julius Shulman, widely regarded as the world’s greatest architectural photographer, whose images brought modern architecture to the American mainstream.
The documentary, directed by Eric Bricker is both a testament to the evolution of modern architecture as well as a joyful portrait of the magnetic, whip-smart gentleman who chronicled it with his unforgettable images.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”