Visual Acoustics celebrates the life and career of Julius Shulman, widely regarded as the world’s greatest architectural photographer, whose images brought modern architecture to the American mainstream.
The documentary, directed by Eric Bricker is both a testament to the evolution of modern architecture as well as a joyful portrait of the magnetic, whip-smart gentleman who chronicled it with his unforgettable images.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label