Visual Acoustics celebrates the life and career of Julius Shulman, widely regarded as the world’s greatest architectural photographer, whose images brought modern architecture to the American mainstream.
The documentary, directed by Eric Bricker is both a testament to the evolution of modern architecture as well as a joyful portrait of the magnetic, whip-smart gentleman who chronicled it with his unforgettable images.
- Gender politics, feminism and Kanye West – the world according to Vanessa Beecroft
- Allen Jones' Maîtresse, a series of S&M-inspired paintings
- First Dates for those who create: London agency Form on their working relationship
- Air-brushed psychedelia and neon lights abound in Robert Beatty’s new work
- Jack Davison shoots parrots with PTSD for The New York Times Magazine
- Graphic design work to challenge and empower the reader
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- More salaciously surreal illustrations from French duo Mrzyk & Moriceau