Visual Acoustics celebrates the life and career of Julius Shulman, widely regarded as the world’s greatest architectural photographer, whose images brought modern architecture to the American mainstream.
The documentary, directed by Eric Bricker is both a testament to the evolution of modern architecture as well as a joyful portrait of the magnetic, whip-smart gentleman who chronicled it with his unforgettable images.
- The stylistic punch of Dexter Lander's photography
- Shun Sasaki’s designs burst with colour and kawaii appeal
- Game, Set, Match: Alex Blouin turns his lens on tennis fans
- Daniel Gordon plays with perspective with his brightly coloured collaged works
- Curator Shonagh Marshall takes us through the highlights from Hair by Sam McKnight
- Yeji Yun’s imaginative zine combines frozen lands, whales and cocktails
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity