Really nice photography by Frederike Helwig. The German photographer studied photography at Bournemouth College of Art and Design from 1992 to 94 and received her first assignment whilst still at college from Terry Jones at i.D. From there she went on to work for The Face, Dazed & Confused, Vogue, American Vogue, Vanity Fair, American GQ and Teen Vogue.
The site is also worth a mention, designed by Field Projects it is effortless to navigate and see the full scope of work. Also, if you’re in Berlin this summer check out her show at Galerie für Moderne Fotografie that runs until 9 September 2010.
- Steph Wilson, DR. ME, Women Who and Benedict Redgrove at Nicer Tuesdays August
- Artist Emily Mae Smith’s pop motifs and witty compositions
- Meet the prop-maker building imaginary boyfriends
- Graphic designer Biba Košmerl takes on organised disorder and what it means to be a true modernist
- Bjenny Montero, an underground hero of melancholic comics
- Animator Hoji Tsuchiya's patchwork video for Japanese singer Uri Nakayama
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August