Really nice photography by Frederike Helwig. The German photographer studied photography at Bournemouth College of Art and Design from 1992 to 94 and received her first assignment whilst still at college from Terry Jones at i.D. From there she went on to work for The Face, Dazed & Confused, Vogue, American Vogue, Vanity Fair, American GQ and Teen Vogue.
The site is also worth a mention, designed by Field Projects it is effortless to navigate and see the full scope of work. Also, if you’re in Berlin this summer check out her show at Galerie für Moderne Fotografie that runs until 9 September 2010.
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk to follow on social media
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery