Really nice photography by Frederike Helwig. The German photographer studied photography at Bournemouth College of Art and Design from 1992 to 94 and received her first assignment whilst still at college from Terry Jones at i.D. From there she went on to work for The Face, Dazed & Confused, Vogue, American Vogue, Vanity Fair, American GQ and Teen Vogue.
The site is also worth a mention, designed by Field Projects it is effortless to navigate and see the full scope of work. Also, if you’re in Berlin this summer check out her show at Galerie für Moderne Fotografie that runs until 9 September 2010.
- Berlin-based Cristóbal Schmal’s naive illustrations are an intriguing mix
- Here we go again, it's the Best of the Web! And the finest people to follow on social
- Odd character designs and snogging: we’re still digging the work of Dale Crosby-Close
- Tom Johnson's stunning new shoot of 12-year-old kickboxing champ “Tigger”
- Dark Igloo's deliciously digital branding for Giphy will “melt your face”
- July Diary: Where to go and what to see
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work