Eric’s image of the year: “See question 4!”
Mark out of 10 for 2010?
7.5 (subject to change as I reminisce on it in future years).
What broke? How did you fix it?
My shoddy elliptical trainer… I got a fancy new digital one.
What was the best thing you saw this year?
Lakers beat Celtics in Game 7.
What was your favourite day of the year?
Sitting courtside at the Lakers home opener/ring ceremony and by a strange ‘only in L.A.’ circumstance, getting to slip on Phil Jackson’s brand spanking new championship ring and snap a photo. Just a few seats away, Justin Bieber slipped it on as well and made headlines. (See photo!!!)
Most dangerous/scariest moment?
I slashed my left thumb open whittling all the back hair from a rubber George “The Animal” Steele toy (for a gift). I think I lost a couple pints of blood, but it’s a pretty rad scar now.
Best Google image search of 2010?
Best man/woman of the year?
Best Man = I wanna say Tiger Woods for living up to his name in the sack, but it’s probably Jon Stewart. Maybe the Pope too, if he really is starting a debate about justifying the use of condoms in some instances, but I remain skeptical.
Best Woman = I wanna say Hillary Clinton for her yeoman’s (or shall I say yeowoman’s) work in the State Department, but I’ll have to go with that ridiculous hot asian chick in that ridiculous tight dress at that shitty gallery opening I went to a couple months ago.
Your finest moment?
Getting hunted down like a dirty dog and savagely cannibalized in my band’s music video.
If you could only take one thing that you bought in 2010 into 2011, what would it be?
My J. Blackfoot “City Slicker” album.
What would you like to say to 2010?
I try not to make a habit of speaking to calendar years.
- Innovative textures and techniques in campaign for Decca Classics inspired by The Stalker
- Beautiful editorial illustrations by painter Jean-Philippe Delhomme
- An absurd and unexpected series from Jordan photographer Tanya Habjouqa
- La Mouche et La Cloche's charming and musical identity for Association Irlandaise
- Designer, art director and book fanatic Ben Branagan shows off his bookshelf
- Art mag Kaleidoscope unveils Mirko Borsche-designed winter issue
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Rebecca Scheinberg comes pretty damn close to making perfect photographs
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school