Eric’s image of the year: “See question 4!”
Mark out of 10 for 2010?
7.5 (subject to change as I reminisce on it in future years).
What broke? How did you fix it?
My shoddy elliptical trainer… I got a fancy new digital one.
What was the best thing you saw this year?
Lakers beat Celtics in Game 7.
What was your favourite day of the year?
Sitting courtside at the Lakers home opener/ring ceremony and by a strange ‘only in L.A.’ circumstance, getting to slip on Phil Jackson’s brand spanking new championship ring and snap a photo. Just a few seats away, Justin Bieber slipped it on as well and made headlines. (See photo!!!)
Most dangerous/scariest moment?
I slashed my left thumb open whittling all the back hair from a rubber George “The Animal” Steele toy (for a gift). I think I lost a couple pints of blood, but it’s a pretty rad scar now.
Best Google image search of 2010?
Best man/woman of the year?
Best Man = I wanna say Tiger Woods for living up to his name in the sack, but it’s probably Jon Stewart. Maybe the Pope too, if he really is starting a debate about justifying the use of condoms in some instances, but I remain skeptical.
Best Woman = I wanna say Hillary Clinton for her yeoman’s (or shall I say yeowoman’s) work in the State Department, but I’ll have to go with that ridiculous hot asian chick in that ridiculous tight dress at that shitty gallery opening I went to a couple months ago.
Your finest moment?
Getting hunted down like a dirty dog and savagely cannibalized in my band’s music video.
If you could only take one thing that you bought in 2010 into 2011, what would it be?
My J. Blackfoot “City Slicker” album.
What would you like to say to 2010?
I try not to make a habit of speaking to calendar years.
- Cats flying out of speakers and our technology addiction: highlights from Channel 4 Random Acts
- Kyle Bean's tactile simulacrums are brought to life with wit and precision
- Margot Bowman rethinks the selfie and the future of personalisation
- Warriors Studio and Freytag Anderson explore process and dialogue in new identity for GDFS 16
- Gorgeous Memphis-inspired, primary colour-packed work from Benjamin Rawson
- A cacophony of styles come together for this wacky promo animation for Gutter Fest
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- The best design courses in the UK, according to The Guardian University Guide 2017
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"