Eric’s image of the year: “See question 4!”
Mark out of 10 for 2010?
7.5 (subject to change as I reminisce on it in future years).
What broke? How did you fix it?
My shoddy elliptical trainer… I got a fancy new digital one.
What was the best thing you saw this year?
Lakers beat Celtics in Game 7.
What was your favourite day of the year?
Sitting courtside at the Lakers home opener/ring ceremony and by a strange ‘only in L.A.’ circumstance, getting to slip on Phil Jackson’s brand spanking new championship ring and snap a photo. Just a few seats away, Justin Bieber slipped it on as well and made headlines. (See photo!!!)
Most dangerous/scariest moment?
I slashed my left thumb open whittling all the back hair from a rubber George “The Animal” Steele toy (for a gift). I think I lost a couple pints of blood, but it’s a pretty rad scar now.
Best Google image search of 2010?
Best man/woman of the year?
Best Man = I wanna say Tiger Woods for living up to his name in the sack, but it’s probably Jon Stewart. Maybe the Pope too, if he really is starting a debate about justifying the use of condoms in some instances, but I remain skeptical.
Best Woman = I wanna say Hillary Clinton for her yeoman’s (or shall I say yeowoman’s) work in the State Department, but I’ll have to go with that ridiculous hot asian chick in that ridiculous tight dress at that shitty gallery opening I went to a couple months ago.
Your finest moment?
Getting hunted down like a dirty dog and savagely cannibalized in my band’s music video.
If you could only take one thing that you bought in 2010 into 2011, what would it be?
My J. Blackfoot “City Slicker” album.
What would you like to say to 2010?
I try not to make a habit of speaking to calendar years.
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain