Mark out of 10 for 2010?
7/10. It’s has been an interesting year. Lots of highs, emotions, surprises, good news and a few lows. Overall it has been a bit tough but, well, we like a good challenge. And, of course, even more ping pong than ever (see image of the year!!!).
What broke? How did you fix it?
The internet connection! Too often. But one of us enjoys talking techy lingo with the help lines!
What was the best thing you saw this year?
We went to Taipei, Hong kong and Beijing for the tour of the Richard Rogers exhibition we design and saw amazing things there.
What was your favourite day of the year?
The official most depressing day of the year, so we had a good excuse to through the party of the year.
Most dangerous/scariest moment?
Eating snakes in Taipei. Not that scary after all but pretty awful! Or meeting the head of the cultural department of Beijing in an over-imposing office was pretty scary too. And they had their official photographer taking pictures of the meeting. Quite odd.
Best Google image search of 2010?
Hmm, difficult to say. The last one I recall is a lovely pictures showing proud meat balls on a succulent bed of spaghetti gently covered in tomato sauce. And we had that for lunch too.
Best man/woman of the year?
Gabin, my newly born nephew of course!
Your finest moment?
Meeting Wim Crouwell when he nominated us for Best Studio. Very inspirational.
If you could only take one thing that you bought in 2010 into 2011, what would it be?
A pair of burgundy suede shoes bought in Montepulciano.
What would you like to say to 2010?
Thanks, we have been learning a lot but enough now. We are ready to take on 2011.
- Activism, raving and vintage cookbooks – highlights from Nicer Tuesdays June
- Patrick Savile’s dreamy designs draw from 70s airbrush art, Roger Dean and Turing patterns
- Illustrator Nathan Cowdry depicts an unusual dialogue between two strangers in his new comic, Shiner
- Our round-up of this year’s UK grad show identities and show designs
- Nathalie du Pasquier opens first solo show in UK for almost 25 years
- Photographer Ian Kenneth Bird shares his top photobooks
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Pigalle, Ill-Studio and Nike have redesigned the Paris Duperré basketball court
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Why materials matter: Seetal Solanki on the Grenfell Tower tragedy