Jane Stockdale’s photography is pretty breathtaking. She hasn’t just got an obvious technical ability and compositional eye, but also a diversity and vibrancy in her subject matter. The idea of having a job where you can be with a professional footballer in a James Bond tank, or a Japanese bar as someone poses with an AK-47 or sitting inches away from Iggy Pop’s iconic stomach is one that I’m sure many are envious of.
Jane was our host for our last evening of talks and her half an hour is jammed packed with stories, musings and of course stunning photographs. Vimeo and iTunes linksare of course available from the talks page.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August