Sometimes you’ve just got to hand it to Bob Geldof. He took his dislike for Mondays and made something creative (and pretty ruddy catchy) out of it. That’s what we try and do as well, so in that sprit we asked Adam Scott, co-founder and creative director of creative agency FreeState to give us an insight into his next few days. Take it away Adam…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
I find some curious shoes often help me combat the drudgery. Today I will be mostly wearing Silver Desert Boots (with lime green souls) from United Nude.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
Fooba Wooba John by Burl Ives, from Wes Anderson’s Fantastic Mr. Fox. Pure burning bright orange joy!
What was the best thing you read this morning?
On page three of The Guardian I read the headline: “€1bn hoard of art looted by Nazis found hidden in makeshift larder in Munich flat.”
Just imagine, pieces by Picasso, Matisse, Chagall, Klee and Beckman, which had been considered lost until now, being hidden amongst the juice cartons and tins of cat food! I hope they find their way back home after all these years.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Maybe because that article has got “Degenerate Art” on my mind, but I think dinner round Gertrude Stein’s Paris flat with Hemingway and some argumentative expressionists would be just the ticket!
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
I want to shoehorn a story about 18th Century English landscape gardening into a lecture I am doing about the future of “Integrated Communications.” Surely Capability Brown was the pioneer of 360 degree multi-touch point immersive storytelling!
- Berlin-based Cristóbal Schmal’s naive illustrations are an intriguing mix
- Here we go again, it's the Best of the Web! And the finest people to follow on social
- Odd character designs and snogging: we’re still digging the work of Dale Crosby-Close
- Tom Johnson's stunning new shoot of 12-year-old kickboxing champ “Tigger”
- Dark Igloo's deliciously digital branding for Giphy will “melt your face”
- July Diary: Where to go and what to see
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work