“I mean, yes, we’re sinking … but the music is exceptional.” Overheard on The Titanic is one of Austin Kleon’s many ‘blackout poems’, perhaps my favourite. I’m certainly sore I didn’t grab the wee version from 20×200 in time.
Also of note, Austin’s recent post ‘How to Steal like An Artist (And 9 Other Things Nobody Told Me)’ – a refreshing and brilliantly candid piece of writing about the creative process, whatever your discipline.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery