“I mean, yes, we’re sinking … but the music is exceptional.” Overheard on The Titanic is one of Austin Kleon’s many ‘blackout poems’, perhaps my favourite. I’m certainly sore I didn’t grab the wee version from 20×200 in time.
Also of note, Austin’s recent post ‘How to Steal like An Artist (And 9 Other Things Nobody Told Me)’ – a refreshing and brilliantly candid piece of writing about the creative process, whatever your discipline.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August