People of the internet, take a bow. There’s something thrilling about the proliferation of creative mickey-taking which accompanies many major news events both in terms of the speed of the responses and the care and attention that goes into them (as witnessed with the excellent Photoshoplooter Tumblr last year).
Now you may or may not be aware that yesterday loveable buffoon/ruthless career politician Mayor of London Boris Johnson got stuck dangling on a zip wire (as shown in this video).
And within hours the Photoshoppers of the world got cracking doing what they do best, i.e. taking the bizarre image of one of the UK’s most powerful political figures and playing around with it. DangleBoris is encouraging and showcasing the efforts and take our word for it, it’s a must-visit site, being updated all the time. Our personal favourites include Chuck Borris and Angry Birds Boris but the sheer amount means you’re sure to find something that tickles your fancy.
- Cheer Up Luv: the photography project sharing womens' experiences with sexual harassment
- “Bold, concise, minimalist and sometimes abstract”: a look at Jeong Hwa Min’s new illustrative approach
- Patrik Mollwing’s illustrations and wigglegrams depict a cast of colourful characters
- Between the pages of Polanski’s suburbia-themed sixth issue
- Hacking Heidelberg: how Erik Spiekermann came to reinvent the printing process
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU