People of the internet, take a bow. There’s something thrilling about the proliferation of creative mickey-taking which accompanies many major news events both in terms of the speed of the responses and the care and attention that goes into them (as witnessed with the excellent Photoshoplooter Tumblr last year).
Now you may or may not be aware that yesterday loveable buffoon/ruthless career politician Mayor of London Boris Johnson got stuck dangling on a zip wire (as shown in this video).
And within hours the Photoshoppers of the world got cracking doing what they do best, i.e. taking the bizarre image of one of the UK’s most powerful political figures and playing around with it. DangleBoris is encouraging and showcasing the efforts and take our word for it, it’s a must-visit site, being updated all the time. Our personal favourites include Chuck Borris and Angry Birds Boris but the sheer amount means you’re sure to find something that tickles your fancy.
- Chaz Bundick talks us through the new digitally personable Company website
- Animator Frances Haszard’s gender neutral breakup story
- Photographer Norman Behrendt depicts Turkey’s majestic mosques
- Explore North Korean graphic ephemera in Phaidon’s new book
- “Have a process you can apply to any situation, space or time”: what we learned from Converse’s Lovejoy Art Benefit
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books