People of the internet, take a bow. There’s something thrilling about the proliferation of creative mickey-taking which accompanies many major news events both in terms of the speed of the responses and the care and attention that goes into them (as witnessed with the excellent Photoshoplooter Tumblr last year).
Now you may or may not be aware that yesterday loveable buffoon/ruthless career politician Mayor of London Boris Johnson got stuck dangling on a zip wire (as shown in this video).
And within hours the Photoshoppers of the world got cracking doing what they do best, i.e. taking the bizarre image of one of the UK’s most powerful political figures and playing around with it. DangleBoris is encouraging and showcasing the efforts and take our word for it, it’s a must-visit site, being updated all the time. Our personal favourites include Chuck Borris and Angry Birds Boris but the sheer amount means you’re sure to find something that tickles your fancy.
- Camelot’s typefaces bring both the contemporary and historical to the table
- Scott Newett’s eerily quiet, ethereal portraits of Chinese utopia
- Jade Schulz’s atmospheric and imaginative editorial illustrations
- Emiliano Granado’s new zine puts a fresh spin on Tour de France fandom
- The big cover up: Mathieu Tremblin's translations of graffiti
- Artist Howard Fonda captures the vibrancy of summer for Ace & Tate
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale