People of the internet, take a bow. There’s something thrilling about the proliferation of creative mickey-taking which accompanies many major news events both in terms of the speed of the responses and the care and attention that goes into them (as witnessed with the excellent Photoshoplooter Tumblr last year).
Now you may or may not be aware that yesterday loveable buffoon/ruthless career politician Mayor of London Boris Johnson got stuck dangling on a zip wire (as shown in this video).
And within hours the Photoshoppers of the world got cracking doing what they do best, i.e. taking the bizarre image of one of the UK’s most powerful political figures and playing around with it. DangleBoris is encouraging and showcasing the efforts and take our word for it, it’s a must-visit site, being updated all the time. Our personal favourites include Chuck Borris and Angry Birds Boris but the sheer amount means you’re sure to find something that tickles your fancy.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting