What do you get if you cross David Bailey, a selection of the art world’s finest young talent and eloquent men’s style know-it-all Mr Porter? By all means fantasise away at the many dreamy possibilities but one thing you can be sure of is that whatever the outcome, combining the three was always going to make for a pretty damn cool show.
Commissioned by Mr Porter for their beautiful online journal, the great David Bailey set about photographing seven young men currently taking the art world by storm. Coming in David’s iconic black and white and with some rather nice swirly typography thrown in for good measure, the project is pretty much perfect.
But that’s not the end of it– each subject also offers a telling insight into what exactly makes them tick, Mr Porter really has gone all out on this one!
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain