What do you get if you cross David Bailey, a selection of the art world’s finest young talent and eloquent men’s style know-it-all Mr Porter? By all means fantasise away at the many dreamy possibilities but one thing you can be sure of is that whatever the outcome, combining the three was always going to make for a pretty damn cool show.
Commissioned by Mr Porter for their beautiful online journal, the great David Bailey set about photographing seven young men currently taking the art world by storm. Coming in David’s iconic black and white and with some rather nice swirly typography thrown in for good measure, the project is pretty much perfect.
But that’s not the end of it– each subject also offers a telling insight into what exactly makes them tick, Mr Porter really has gone all out on this one!
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Photographer Matthew Brown explores the forgotten details in a university campus
- First Dates for those who create: Studio Swine tells us about their working relationship
- Experimental Jetset, Build and others' war posters curated by Pentagram's Alex Brown
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?