Ed Phillips is a man of many talents for not only has he managed to produce some beautiful photographs at the ripe old age of just 19 but he also possesses the mightily rare ability to make hedges interesting. Yes you heard right – Ed’s photographs give those green prickly things a whole new lease of life thanks to his stunning eye for composition.
Thoughtfully snapping his globetrotting way across Southern California his collection of photographs with their dreamy carefree tones beat any postcard holiday souvenir hands down. Clearly not a man of many words, this project is all he is giving away for now but with youth on his side and an obviously ability for photography to match, watch this space for I bet you anything this won’t be the last you hear of Ed…
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- August Diary: where to go and what to see
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale