Ed Phillips is a man of many talents for not only has he managed to produce some beautiful photographs at the ripe old age of just 19 but he also possesses the mightily rare ability to make hedges interesting. Yes you heard right – Ed’s photographs give those green prickly things a whole new lease of life thanks to his stunning eye for composition.
Thoughtfully snapping his globetrotting way across Southern California his collection of photographs with their dreamy carefree tones beat any postcard holiday souvenir hands down. Clearly not a man of many words, this project is all he is giving away for now but with youth on his side and an obviously ability for photography to match, watch this space for I bet you anything this won’t be the last you hear of Ed…
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages