Ed Phillips is a man of many talents for not only has he managed to produce some beautiful photographs at the ripe old age of just 19 but he also possesses the mightily rare ability to make hedges interesting. Yes you heard right – Ed’s photographs give those green prickly things a whole new lease of life thanks to his stunning eye for composition.
Thoughtfully snapping his globetrotting way across Southern California his collection of photographs with their dreamy carefree tones beat any postcard holiday souvenir hands down. Clearly not a man of many words, this project is all he is giving away for now but with youth on his side and an obviously ability for photography to match, watch this space for I bet you anything this won’t be the last you hear of Ed…
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc