Pinch, punch, um, fifth of the month and all that as October hovers into view and people everywhere are duty bound to remark how quickly this year has gone. But month-based banter aside, we thought we’d reach out and give you a glimpse into all things It’s Nice That with our new monthly editor’s letter. Welcome to our world.
Here at It’s Nice That we are ready for the coming autumn and like a particularly forward-thinking squirrel we have made preparations to help us all through it. First of all we binged on all things London Design Festival, not only producing our very own guide to the annual design shindig but also entirely giving over the blog to LDF coverage, the first time we have ever done such a thing. We hope we added something to it all and have been bowled over by the feedback we’ve had.
But here at INT towers we do not go on for laurel resting. Oh no. So we are expanding our What’s On offerings with a shiny new weekly rundown of the best shows in London, bi-weekly guides to the best shows in the rest of the UK and in New York, and a weekly Wednesday look at the most brilliant show on anywhere else in this ruddy marvellous planet we call home (and earth).
And like a doting dad we are increasingly proud of our young whippersnapper of a feature known as The Weekender, which we use to flag up the best art and design writing as well as a host of more, let’s say, irreverent stuff, that dances on our desktops in the course of any given week.
Meanwhile work is well under way for Issue 7 of our magazine, and again there’s change in the air, so look out for the finished article heading your way in November.
And last but (obvs) not least, having just rounded of our On series of talks in style with a tour de force performance from Ken Garland, we are busy drawing up plans for a super-exciting big event to round off the year in style on 9 December – we’ll be releasing more details over the next couple of weeks.
That’s enough carrot-dangling for one month we feel – keep on trucking,
- Art mag Kaleidoscope unveils Mirko Borsche-designed winter issue
- Behind the scenes of the lady who shoots chihuahuas in party hats, yoyoists and strippers
- Great poster designs for Adana Nights series by Vienna-based Lukas Haider
- Illustrator Jim Stoten works his magic for Marmite in a fun new ad campaign
- Design studio Praline reflects on a five year relationship with Peckham Platform
- Obscure and minimal fashion photography from New York-based Paul Jung
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Street photographer Vincent Chapters captures London’s spirit
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns