Pinch, punch, um, fifth of the month and all that as October hovers into view and people everywhere are duty bound to remark how quickly this year has gone. But month-based banter aside, we thought we’d reach out and give you a glimpse into all things It’s Nice That with our new monthly editor’s letter. Welcome to our world.
Here at It’s Nice That we are ready for the coming autumn and like a particularly forward-thinking squirrel we have made preparations to help us all through it. First of all we binged on all things London Design Festival, not only producing our very own guide to the annual design shindig but also entirely giving over the blog to LDF coverage, the first time we have ever done such a thing. We hope we added something to it all and have been bowled over by the feedback we’ve had.
But here at INT towers we do not go on for laurel resting. Oh no. So we are expanding our What’s On offerings with a shiny new weekly rundown of the best shows in London, bi-weekly guides to the best shows in the rest of the UK and in New York, and a weekly Wednesday look at the most brilliant show on anywhere else in this ruddy marvellous planet we call home (and earth).
And like a doting dad we are increasingly proud of our young whippersnapper of a feature known as The Weekender, which we use to flag up the best art and design writing as well as a host of more, let’s say, irreverent stuff, that dances on our desktops in the course of any given week.
Meanwhile work is well under way for Issue 7 of our magazine, and again there’s change in the air, so look out for the finished article heading your way in November.
And last but (obvs) not least, having just rounded of our On series of talks in style with a tour de force performance from Ken Garland, we are busy drawing up plans for a super-exciting big event to round off the year in style on 9 December – we’ll be releasing more details over the next couple of weeks.
That’s enough carrot-dangling for one month we feel – keep on trucking,
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Yoko Yuki takes us on a bizarre jaunt into town in this kaleidoscopic animation
- Director Nick Ahlmark captures the thrills of night riding for Vice and Samsung
- Marion Jdanoff's skillful screen prints and books are packed with vibrancy
- Illustrator Zoë Taylor’s heroine escapes a party through clichéd melodrama and sporadic linework
- Björk Vulnicura: inside the creation of the kafkaesque headpieces by James Merry and Neri Oxman
- Airbnb launches its own in-house design studio, Samara
- Subway unveils redesigned logo and new symbol
- Neubau introduces its latest immaculately minimal typeface, NB Akademie
- PES creates an epic scale, long-exposure stop motion film for Honda
- Rio Olympics 2016: the creative projects inspired by the Games
- Erin M Riley’s hand-woven tapestries re-contextualise online pornography (NSFW)