Photography duo Florence Tétier and Nicolas Coulomb create high-flash and high-powered fashion photography, pushing the medium with their selection of content.
The pair have known each other for ten years and are a couple who have a daughter together, Margot. In their working collaboration they create photographs for various fashion magazines and clients. Separately, Nicolas is a photographer while Florence is the creative director and founder of Novembre magazine, to which the duo contribute on a regular basis.
Their photography has a hyperreal sense to it due to their use of lighting, colour combinations and conceptual make up. Hues, provided by striking eye shadow or even covering a body in yellow paint, frames unusual elements to make them appear chic or almost regal. The creative direction behind the photographs is evidently thoughtful, lipgloss applied so that the flash bounces off lips, or models styled in velvet which glimmers in each shot.
Florence’s creative background developed from studying at ECAL in Switzerland where the pair both teach now, alongside Geneva School of Art and Design, Parsons in Paris, Duperré School of Applied Arts and Central Saint Martins.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design