Brave of a confectionary company to tackle imitating a british confectionary staple, but let’s give them three cheers for doing a ruddy good job of the packaging design. Helsinki-based agency Bond were commissioned by leading Nordic sweetie makers Cloetta and came up with this super-colourful homage to the Bassett’s Allsorts we know and love. Haven’t had one of these sweets for ages, and now I really, really want them. Those colours! It’s a packaging designer’s dream!
The designers from BOND kindly told us a little about the project. "The old Allsorts package design had 3d illustrated images of the product and didn’t stand out very well from the other English liquorice products. Another reason for the redesign was that the client had improved the recipe of the product and they wanted to clearly communicate it to the consumer. Someone might have just added “New Recipe!” on the old package, however we solved the brief by illustrating the product itself for an inspiring shelf impact that sells."
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August