Brave of a confectionary company to tackle imitating a british confectionary staple, but let’s give them three cheers for doing a ruddy good job of the packaging design. Helsinki-based agency Bond were commissioned by leading Nordic sweetie makers Cloetta and came up with this super-colourful homage to the Bassett’s Allsorts we know and love. Haven’t had one of these sweets for ages, and now I really, really want them. Those colours! It’s a packaging designer’s dream!
The designers from BOND kindly told us a little about the project. "The old Allsorts package design had 3d illustrated images of the product and didn’t stand out very well from the other English liquorice products. Another reason for the redesign was that the client had improved the recipe of the product and they wanted to clearly communicate it to the consumer. Someone might have just added “New Recipe!” on the old package, however we solved the brief by illustrating the product itself for an inspiring shelf impact that sells."
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages