What is happiness, good people? Adam Buxton, dressed like an angry stick of rock with a beard and swimming cap, being directed by Garth Jennings to point at and avoid exploding sand moles in perfect synchronicity to music that sounds “like a cross between Rammstein and The Muppets.”
This Guitar Wolf cover of Eddie Cochrane’s Summertime Blues never loses its non compos mentis momentum and Garth’s video – what with the very un-British queue-jumping for some “Summertime Booze” at 32 seconds – could not possibly have done it any more justice. Also, as we found this on Adam’s YouTube channel where he stores his jewels for his magnificent BUG programme, we should also point you at a very nice film of the chaps as they chat about the vaguely dangerous making-of for Sky Atlantic.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc