What is happiness, good people? Adam Buxton, dressed like an angry stick of rock with a beard and swimming cap, being directed by Garth Jennings to point at and avoid exploding sand moles in perfect synchronicity to music that sounds “like a cross between Rammstein and The Muppets.”
This Guitar Wolf cover of Eddie Cochrane’s Summertime Blues never loses its non compos mentis momentum and Garth’s video – what with the very un-British queue-jumping for some “Summertime Booze” at 32 seconds – could not possibly have done it any more justice. Also, as we found this on Adam’s YouTube channel where he stores his jewels for his magnificent BUG programme, we should also point you at a very nice film of the chaps as they chat about the vaguely dangerous making-of for Sky Atlantic.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?