What is happiness, good people? Adam Buxton, dressed like an angry stick of rock with a beard and swimming cap, being directed by Garth Jennings to point at and avoid exploding sand moles in perfect synchronicity to music that sounds “like a cross between Rammstein and The Muppets.”
This Guitar Wolf cover of Eddie Cochrane’s Summertime Blues never loses its non compos mentis momentum and Garth’s video – what with the very un-British queue-jumping for some “Summertime Booze” at 32 seconds – could not possibly have done it any more justice. Also, as we found this on Adam’s YouTube channel where he stores his jewels for his magnificent BUG programme, we should also point you at a very nice film of the chaps as they chat about the vaguely dangerous making-of for Sky Atlantic.
- Woodstock 1969 immortalised on film by iconic photographer Baron Wolman
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work
- Studio Frith creates Patti Smith-inspired identity for the inaugural Art Night festival
- Cindy Yang’s poignant animation questions the routine and mundanity of life
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round
- “Run towards the noise” – MINI contemplates the future of mobility and personalisation in London
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- More bonkers and surreal selfies from Izumi Miyazaki
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web