True passion and talent here from Antwerp’s very own Sarah Vanbelle, whose fun, plentiful work has been adorning pages of your favourite magazines for a long time now. Embarrassingly, we’ve never featured here before on It’s Nice That which means we’ve got to make up for old time now by gushing about how great she is even more than normal (if that’s possible?)
Sarah’s work is a slick, colourful map of her brain, revealing how observant she is whilst demonstrating a happy instinct when it comes to drawing. Seeing her sketches on her Tumblr then viewing it against the finished product makes total sense and helps us understand just how natural her process is. Her piece entitled Glaze Window is one of the nicest drawings I’ve seen in weeks. Any publisher who doesn’t commission her to do at least one piece for their upcoming magazine is a total dummy.
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain