True passion and talent here from Antwerp’s very own Sarah Vanbelle, whose fun, plentiful work has been adorning pages of your favourite magazines for a long time now. Embarrassingly, we’ve never featured here before on It’s Nice That which means we’ve got to make up for old time now by gushing about how great she is even more than normal (if that’s possible?)
Sarah’s work is a slick, colourful map of her brain, revealing how observant she is whilst demonstrating a happy instinct when it comes to drawing. Seeing her sketches on her Tumblr then viewing it against the finished product makes total sense and helps us understand just how natural her process is. Her piece entitled Glaze Window is one of the nicest drawings I’ve seen in weeks. Any publisher who doesn’t commission her to do at least one piece for their upcoming magazine is a total dummy.
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf