True passion and talent here from Antwerp’s very own Sarah Vanbelle, whose fun, plentiful work has been adorning pages of your favourite magazines for a long time now. Embarrassingly, we’ve never featured here before on It’s Nice That which means we’ve got to make up for old time now by gushing about how great she is even more than normal (if that’s possible?)
Sarah’s work is a slick, colourful map of her brain, revealing how observant she is whilst demonstrating a happy instinct when it comes to drawing. Seeing her sketches on her Tumblr then viewing it against the finished product makes total sense and helps us understand just how natural her process is. Her piece entitled Glaze Window is one of the nicest drawings I’ve seen in weeks. Any publisher who doesn’t commission her to do at least one piece for their upcoming magazine is a total dummy.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?