True passion and talent here from Antwerp’s very own Sarah Vanbelle, whose fun, plentiful work has been adorning pages of your favourite magazines for a long time now. Embarrassingly, we’ve never featured here before on It’s Nice That which means we’ve got to make up for old time now by gushing about how great she is even more than normal (if that’s possible?)
Sarah’s work is a slick, colourful map of her brain, revealing how observant she is whilst demonstrating a happy instinct when it comes to drawing. Seeing her sketches on her Tumblr then viewing it against the finished product makes total sense and helps us understand just how natural her process is. Her piece entitled Glaze Window is one of the nicest drawings I’ve seen in weeks. Any publisher who doesn’t commission her to do at least one piece for their upcoming magazine is a total dummy.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs