Tudo Bom Todo Bem. Alex and myself have recently returned from Sao Paulo where we ran a five day workshop with Mesa & Cadeira (Table & Chairs). Hosted in the impressive Weiden + Kennedy offices and following in the rather large footsteps of Anthony Burrill and Andy Cameron, our workshop ran during evenings and weekends with 16 like-minded individuals centred around curation, editing and publishing content.
During our five day workshop we were also lucky enough to work with some of the keenest minds in the city, and collaboratively set ourselves a mission – to make people fall in love with Sao Paulo. The content that followed has exceeded our expectations, and the passion and personality every single person bought to their contribution was typical of a city that despite reputation, has proved to be the most welcoming we’ve ever visited.
Finding the right way to best tell the story resulted in articles including photographs, videos, audio and words and the content varied from football to hairdressers, sandwiches to busses. All the content is available to see on www.tudobemtudobomsp.com (a website we built in less than 24 hours).
A massive thank you to Barbara, Francesca and Sérgio for a fantastic week in an amazing city.
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?
- Jeremy Jansen’s graphic design work bridges concept and coherency
- Michael Craig-Martin: a cool, clean and colourful riot of everyday objects
- Anatoly Grashchenko's randomly generated posters for a Moscow theatre
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Bobby Doherty’s vivid and humorous still-life photography
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Why “cool” stunts creativity: one agency offers its opinion
- Fresh, vibrant poster work from South Korean designer Soojin Lee
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs