I don’t know what you associate with Kentucky (the derby? chicken?) but from now on, you must only associate this American state with illustrator Jordan Speer. Jordan is currently driving a band around America on their tour, but in his spare time manages to create these wonderful images of…well, we’re not sure what they’re of. Toys? Toys from Jordan’s imagination? Who knows.
Jordan’s done a hell of a lot of work over the years, most of which you can see here, here and here. Inspired by Sci-Fi and comic books, Jordan’s obviously a fan of anything not-of-this-earth, and the colour orange – which crops up in nearly all of his images. We love you, Jordan, keep up the great work!
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant