Lawrence Slater, London-based illustrator and brother of Thomas Slater who we’ve written a bunch about in the past, has a talented hand of his own to show off. Working in vibrant colours and with faux-naive figures, his illustration is unashamedly joyful, so it makes perfect sense that his recent series Hedonism riffs on the wildly rich lifestyle you might expect if you won the lottery or discovered a stash of pirate treasure. The series is all busty, bare-breasted babes, fast cars, pet lions and jet skis, and it’s an opulent mess.
Lawrence and Thomas have just set up a DIY printing press in their living room in south-east London, he tells us, so we’re expecting to see more from him soon! Watch this space.
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Lili des Bellons illustrates a fluoro world of monsters and robots
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again