If your only exposure to south-west London is via Made in Chelsea (it’s a show where rich people sleep with each other and then moan about it in overpriced bars for our overseas readers), then get ray to have your world shattered come July. The Exhibitoin Road show is taking over the Kenisngtona nd Chelsea for the first nine days of the Olympic Games and there’s a wealth (pun intended) of great stuff to see and do with new arts commissions from Katie Paterson, Graeme Miller and Tomas Libertiny, sculptures housing bees, a bicycle orchestra and the chance to look round a particle accelerator.
To mark the launch of the programme yesterday the festival also released these paper models by Mandy Smith who has created an intricate representation of the festival’s highlights which have an appealing charm.
Take that posh attractive people with your £9 glasses of wine!
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?