If your only exposure to south-west London is via Made in Chelsea (it’s a show where rich people sleep with each other and then moan about it in overpriced bars for our overseas readers), then get ray to have your world shattered come July. The Exhibitoin Road show is taking over the Kenisngtona nd Chelsea for the first nine days of the Olympic Games and there’s a wealth (pun intended) of great stuff to see and do with new arts commissions from Katie Paterson, Graeme Miller and Tomas Libertiny, sculptures housing bees, a bicycle orchestra and the chance to look round a particle accelerator.
To mark the launch of the programme yesterday the festival also released these paper models by Mandy Smith who has created an intricate representation of the festival’s highlights which have an appealing charm.
Take that posh attractive people with your £9 glasses of wine!
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant