If your only exposure to south-west London is via Made in Chelsea (it’s a show where rich people sleep with each other and then moan about it in overpriced bars for our overseas readers), then get ray to have your world shattered come July. The Exhibitoin Road show is taking over the Kenisngtona nd Chelsea for the first nine days of the Olympic Games and there’s a wealth (pun intended) of great stuff to see and do with new arts commissions from Katie Paterson, Graeme Miller and Tomas Libertiny, sculptures housing bees, a bicycle orchestra and the chance to look round a particle accelerator.
To mark the launch of the programme yesterday the festival also released these paper models by Mandy Smith who has created an intricate representation of the festival’s highlights which have an appealing charm.
Take that posh attractive people with your £9 glasses of wine!
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages