If your only exposure to south-west London is via Made in Chelsea (it’s a show where rich people sleep with each other and then moan about it in overpriced bars for our overseas readers), then get ray to have your world shattered come July. The Exhibitoin Road show is taking over the Kenisngtona nd Chelsea for the first nine days of the Olympic Games and there’s a wealth (pun intended) of great stuff to see and do with new arts commissions from Katie Paterson, Graeme Miller and Tomas Libertiny, sculptures housing bees, a bicycle orchestra and the chance to look round a particle accelerator.
To mark the launch of the programme yesterday the festival also released these paper models by Mandy Smith who has created an intricate representation of the festival’s highlights which have an appealing charm.
Take that posh attractive people with your £9 glasses of wine!
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s