Some Friday mornings you need something super-bright, super-colourful and super-fun to kickstart your day and send you headlong to the glories of the weekend. With that in mind, may we present this great shoot by Michael Burk for a new collaboration between Sight Unseen and Print All Over Me which is about to go on show at New York Design Week.
The collection features clothing and furniture and Michael went all-out on his visual treatment, so the colours and the patterns seem to burst out the images. It’s worth saying that New York Design Week is not always noted for this kind of exuberance so a big round of applause for all involved here for bringing the joy.
Sight Unseen Offsite opens today at 200 Lafayette Street in New York and runs until 20 May.
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality