Fabulous young designer Felix de Pass is next up to put himself in the way of the My LDF juggernaut. Felix is taking part in Object Abuse at KK Outlet in Hoxton Square until the end of the month.
What are you most looking forward to at this year’s festival?
I’m really looking forward to seeing an exhibition at Jasper Morrison’s shop that explores three centuries of drinking glasses.
What is the event, place or memory that really sums up the LDF for you?
Trying to get work done in between cycling around the city visiting exhibitions.
Any tips for LDF first-timers?
Seek out recommendations, be selective and go to open studio visits.
What’s the best way to relax after a long day at the LDF?
A refreshing drink at a good party while catching up with old friends.
What’s your favourite London design icon?
The River Thames.
In three words, how would you describe the state of the UK design industry?
Leading the world.
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting