Fabulous young designer Felix de Pass is next up to put himself in the way of the My LDF juggernaut. Felix is taking part in Object Abuse at KK Outlet in Hoxton Square until the end of the month.
What are you most looking forward to at this year’s festival?
I’m really looking forward to seeing an exhibition at Jasper Morrison’s shop that explores three centuries of drinking glasses.
What is the event, place or memory that really sums up the LDF for you?
Trying to get work done in between cycling around the city visiting exhibitions.
Any tips for LDF first-timers?
Seek out recommendations, be selective and go to open studio visits.
What’s the best way to relax after a long day at the LDF?
A refreshing drink at a good party while catching up with old friends.
What’s your favourite London design icon?
The River Thames.
In three words, how would you describe the state of the UK design industry?
Leading the world.
- Designer Collin Fletcher’s rich portfolio of music-related projects
- Mainframe turns the movements of recognisable objects on their head
- Local Characters: Anna Kulachek typographically depicts her hometown of Moscow
- Illustrator and animator Steph Hope’s cast of weird and wonderful characters
- Interactive magazine The Exposed searches for utopia in issue two
- Street View: Photographs of Urban Life, displays 100 years of photography
- Netflix launches new documentary series Abstract: The Art of Design with a stellar lineup
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- Juventus football club given a new identity by Interbrand
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- Tokyo illustrator Okamura Yuta and his endearing brush-and-ink characters