Fabulous young designer Felix de Pass is next up to put himself in the way of the My LDF juggernaut. Felix is taking part in Object Abuse at KK Outlet in Hoxton Square until the end of the month.
What are you most looking forward to at this year’s festival?
I’m really looking forward to seeing an exhibition at Jasper Morrison’s shop that explores three centuries of drinking glasses.
What is the event, place or memory that really sums up the LDF for you?
Trying to get work done in between cycling around the city visiting exhibitions.
Any tips for LDF first-timers?
Seek out recommendations, be selective and go to open studio visits.
What’s the best way to relax after a long day at the LDF?
A refreshing drink at a good party while catching up with old friends.
What’s your favourite London design icon?
The River Thames.
In three words, how would you describe the state of the UK design industry?
Leading the world.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August