It’s that time again, when we at It’s Nice That blow your minds with our kind-of-lame lame, yet paradoxically pretty spectacular playlists. This month our theme is Journeys, which has inspired the studio to dredge 24 fantastic songs out of their memories for your listening pleasure.
From songs that reminded us of “sitting in the back of my parents’ Triumph driving to Spain” to some CDs that were only listened to because they got jammed in car stereos, to reggae-loving taxi drivers and lyrics like “Do you speak-a my language?, He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich” I think we can all agree that there are a lot of tracks out there that remind us of journeys.
So which ones made the cut? Find out via this link or listen below.
- Pouya Ahmadi uses typography to “bridge the gap between poetry, performance and space"
- Gilles de Brock’s bold poster designs use found imagery and psychedelic hues
- Campbell Addy takes us inside the pages of Niijournal’s long-awaited second issue
- Scott Gallagher photographs the youth of marching bands in Northern Ireland
- South-London artist Lucas Dupuy explores dyslexia through blurred shapes and symbols
- “Noise, exertion and rebellion”: Ari Marcopoulos’ latest exhibition, Machine
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus