I’m a sucker for a good exhibition name. On those days when I am inundated with press releases a funny, unusual or surprising show title is often enough to secure a second look. Rebecca Ward is a Texas-bron, Brookly-based artist with an upcoming show at London’s Ronchini Gallery, with the wonderful title cow tipping. And boy am I glad I delved a little deeper, as Rebecca’s work is really interesting. Her Arte Povera-referencing painting, is great but it was these tape installations that particularly caught my eye – meticulous, ambitious and powerful in whichever space she takes them over with. If her previous portfolio is anything to go by, the London show is sure to offer some eye-catching explorations of space and colour and Rebecca has also made some works in the former atelier of Alighiero Boetti in Italy’s ravishingly beautiful Umbria region,which will go on show in Todi later this year.
cow tipping runs from April 12 to May 18 at The Ronchini Gallery.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"