We’re wholly unashamed to admit that we love everything Munich-based studio Mirko Borsche churn out, so it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise to learn that we think the lookbook they’ve art directed for jewellery brand Saskia Diez is an absolute corker. The imagery was shot by Martin Fengel and features close-up shots of the silver pieces against a multitude of backgrounds, from animal fur to shiny aluminium and flowers, with a proximity which gives a surreal tangibility to the textures.
Fully aware of the impact of these images, Mirko’s knowing hand has allowed them plenty of room to breathe with a series of full bleed spreads and bold detail. Is there anything these chaps don’t do excellently?
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100