We’re wholly unashamed to admit that we love everything Munich-based studio Mirko Borsche churn out, so it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise to learn that we think the lookbook they’ve art directed for jewellery brand Saskia Diez is an absolute corker. The imagery was shot by Martin Fengel and features close-up shots of the silver pieces against a multitude of backgrounds, from animal fur to shiny aluminium and flowers, with a proximity which gives a surreal tangibility to the textures.
Fully aware of the impact of these images, Mirko’s knowing hand has allowed them plenty of room to breathe with a series of full bleed spreads and bold detail. Is there anything these chaps don’t do excellently?
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August