We’re wholly unashamed to admit that we love everything Munich-based studio Mirko Borsche churn out, so it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise to learn that we think the lookbook they’ve art directed for jewellery brand Saskia Diez is an absolute corker. The imagery was shot by Martin Fengel and features close-up shots of the silver pieces against a multitude of backgrounds, from animal fur to shiny aluminium and flowers, with a proximity which gives a surreal tangibility to the textures.
Fully aware of the impact of these images, Mirko’s knowing hand has allowed them plenty of room to breathe with a series of full bleed spreads and bold detail. Is there anything these chaps don’t do excellently?
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?