We’re wholly unashamed to admit that we love everything Munich-based studio Mirko Borsche churn out, so it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise to learn that we think the lookbook they’ve art directed for jewellery brand Saskia Diez is an absolute corker. The imagery was shot by Martin Fengel and features close-up shots of the silver pieces against a multitude of backgrounds, from animal fur to shiny aluminium and flowers, with a proximity which gives a surreal tangibility to the textures.
Fully aware of the impact of these images, Mirko’s knowing hand has allowed them plenty of room to breathe with a series of full bleed spreads and bold detail. Is there anything these chaps don’t do excellently?
- Submit Saturdays: Take advantage of your website to show varied work as a creative collective
- Parisian upstarts Ill-Studio give L’Officiel magazine new life
- Knock knock. Who's there? It's Best of the Web!
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity