We’re wholly unashamed to admit that we love everything Munich-based studio Mirko Borsche churn out, so it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise to learn that we think the lookbook they’ve art directed for jewellery brand Saskia Diez is an absolute corker. The imagery was shot by Martin Fengel and features close-up shots of the silver pieces against a multitude of backgrounds, from animal fur to shiny aluminium and flowers, with a proximity which gives a surreal tangibility to the textures.
Fully aware of the impact of these images, Mirko’s knowing hand has allowed them plenty of room to breathe with a series of full bleed spreads and bold detail. Is there anything these chaps don’t do excellently?
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”