Ah April, hello there old friend. You’ve arrived in characteristic style bringing with you blue skies, warm afternoons and the waft of freshly-cut grass meandering its way through the air. What’s that? You haven’t? It’s still just bitter, icy rain and gale-force winds? Stuff you April, you’ve changed, and we don’t like the month you’ve become.
Fortunately there’s more to April than crappy weather and the broken promise of spring. A new month means new Student of the Month, and new Student of the Month means new submissions. You’re probably (hopefully) familiar with the drill by now; you send us one of your finest, most-loved projects that you’ve completed during your period of study, then we pick three of you and send lovely design-themed books in the post (courtesy of the great folks at Laurence King) as well as telling everyone on the internet how devastatingly talented you are. Simple arrangement, but it works!
If you can’t remember the specifics, fret not, they’re all listed below, and this month, because we’re feeling leisurely, you’ve got until Monday April 22 to get your submissions to us. Nice!
What to submit
We only want you to submit ONE project, but this should be your finest work to date. So if it’s a project you made in your first year and you’re now in your second, that’s great, but please remember – you must still be in education to qualify. And students that don’t study art and design, don’t forget, we want to see stuff from you too, even if it is just bits and pieces you’re pursuing on the side!
Text and Links
– your full name
– full course title
– place of study
– what year you’re currently in
Next, send through a paragraph (of no more then 150 words) about you, your project, and when the work was made (we’ll be back in touch for more information if you are selected.) And, of course, a web link: blog, flickr, tumblr, website – all good.
If you’re submitting a video/moving image piece, please include a link to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Maximum of five images, at a maximum of 705 pixels wide.
- Include them as attachments within an email and not as a zip or pdf.
Where to submit
In the subject line of your email, please include the title Student of the Month and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student of the Month is kindly supported by Laurence King Publishing. You can sign up to the LKP Student List now to get 35% off all our student titles at www.laurenceking.com.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"