Hello and welcome to Studio Audience, the It’s Nice That podcast. This week the host is Liv Siddall and she’s joined by Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright – The Triad. Wherever you listen to us, on the bus, the toilet or a whim, we hope you enjoy our cultural chit chat. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here.
Did you know that Kim Kardashian is releasing a book containing 352 selfies? True. Rizzoli are publishing it and we don’t know what to think. Also this article on It’s Nice That about Lucy Hilmer and her annual snaps went crazy over the weekend, getting over 55,000 page views on It’s Nice That – woah! After the ever-catchy jingle we then discussed the Tate Robots and the controversial new cover for Roald Dahl classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Penguin. Feel free to join in the heated debate in the comments section below!
Best things we’ve seen all week? Sure, Liv’s was this _incredible) archive of newspapers on Google, James chose a beautiful edition of The Man In The High Castle by Philip K. Dick illustrated by Cleon Peterson, and Maisie recommended this brilliant interview with Tavi Gevinson in New York Magazine. Enjoy!
- Great design redressing scuzzy skate aesthetics for new totally rad boardsports mag
- Eric Shaw's abstract looped paintings start as digital sketches
- The Midlands folk who celebrate all-things American, shot beautifully by Tom Martin
- Matthew Brooks documents the eerie homes of mid-century Italian-Canadian immigrants
- Introducing Tranny Boxing: glamour, grit, guts and glory captured in east London-based film
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)