Hello and welcome to Studio Audience, the It’s Nice That podcast. This week the host is Liv Siddall and she’s joined by Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright – The Triad. Wherever you listen to us, on the bus, the toilet or a whim, we hope you enjoy our cultural chit chat. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here.
Did you know that Kim Kardashian is releasing a book containing 352 selfies? True. Rizzoli are publishing it and we don’t know what to think. Also this article on It’s Nice That about Lucy Hilmer and her annual snaps went crazy over the weekend, getting over 55,000 page views on It’s Nice That – woah! After the ever-catchy jingle we then discussed the Tate Robots and the controversial new cover for Roald Dahl classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Penguin. Feel free to join in the heated debate in the comments section below!
Best things we’ve seen all week? Sure, Liv’s was this _incredible) archive of newspapers on Google, James chose a beautiful edition of The Man In The High Castle by Philip K. Dick illustrated by Cleon Peterson, and Maisie recommended this brilliant interview with Tavi Gevinson in New York Magazine. Enjoy!
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?