Hello and welcome to Studio Audience, the It’s Nice That podcast. This week the host is Liv Siddall and she’s joined by Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright – The Triad. Wherever you listen to us, on the bus, the toilet or a whim, we hope you enjoy our cultural chit chat. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here.
Did you know that Kim Kardashian is releasing a book containing 352 selfies? True. Rizzoli are publishing it and we don’t know what to think. Also this article on It’s Nice That about Lucy Hilmer and her annual snaps went crazy over the weekend, getting over 55,000 page views on It’s Nice That – woah! After the ever-catchy jingle we then discussed the Tate Robots and the controversial new cover for Roald Dahl classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Penguin. Feel free to join in the heated debate in the comments section below!
Best things we’ve seen all week? Sure, Liv’s was this _incredible) archive of newspapers on Google, James chose a beautiful edition of The Man In The High Castle by Philip K. Dick illustrated by Cleon Peterson, and Maisie recommended this brilliant interview with Tavi Gevinson in New York Magazine. Enjoy!
- Submit Saturdays: Take advantage of your website to show varied work as a creative collective
- Parisian upstarts Ill-Studio give L’Officiel magazine new life
- Knock knock. Who's there? It's Best of the Web!
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity