Greetings, Podlings! Welcome to this week’s Studio Audience, the podcast that keeps up to date with the cultural news in an informal, and sometimes slightly baffling way. This week host Liv Siddall chats to James Cartwright, Maisie Skidmore and Will Hudson about the topics of today, including tidbits about Anne Boleyn’s breasts and the Brit Awards.
You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
Kicking off this week was Maisie Skidmore talking about a Wieden+Kennedy video that got everyone talking this week. The short film shows us into Northlandz, the world’s largest model railway and the inspirational guy who’s responsible for it. Some clever cookie thought that strapping a camera phone to the model train could be a lark. Somebody get this guy a promotion! We also made time to chat about the design surrounding the BAFTAS 2014, James Cartwright spoke of creatives Human After All and La Boca and the importance of illustrated printed matter in a historic ceremony such as this.
Warmed up and even chattier than before we arrived into the second section in which we discussed a man who wandered into an Ai Wei Wei exhibition and smashed a $1.3million vase as an act of protest. We also had a chinwag about the beautiful and “caressable” new COS magazine, featuring interviews with Miranda July and Tino Sehgal.
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk to follow on social media
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery