And so here we are again; post Christmas party hangovers throbbing, a sense of end of year ennui mixed with regret and a side order of shame. Never fear though we have just the thing for you; a Studio Audience Christmas special with nine guests a guesting, loads of creative highlights of 2013 and a whole bundle of in jokes. Enjoy.
And here – in particular order – are the things people picked out (as if you care).
Will Hudson: The Esquire Big Black Book
Alex Bec: Rami Niemi’s ADC Annual illustrations
Maisie Skidmore: The British Library Kerouac exhibition
James Cartwright: The Light Show
Liv Siddall: Great adverts from Mercedes, Volvo Trucks and Hello Flo.
Julian Ellerby: The 6A Architects Paul Smith store
Bruce Usher: The new Dairy Milk branding and the Chuck Close show at White Cube
Rob Peart: The Facbook Thwarting T-Shirt
Anna Kinneir: Nelly Ben Hayoun’s International Space Orchestra
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood