And so here we are again; post Christmas party hangovers throbbing, a sense of end of year ennui mixed with regret and a side order of shame. Never fear though we have just the thing for you; a Studio Audience Christmas special with nine guests a guesting, loads of creative highlights of 2013 and a whole bundle of in jokes. Enjoy.
And here – in particular order – are the things people picked out (as if you care).
Will Hudson: The Esquire Big Black Book
Alex Bec: Rami Niemi’s ADC Annual illustrations
Maisie Skidmore: The British Library Kerouac exhibition
James Cartwright: The Light Show
Liv Siddall: Great adverts from Mercedes, Volvo Trucks and Hello Flo.
Julian Ellerby: The 6A Architects Paul Smith store
Bruce Usher: The new Dairy Milk branding and the Chuck Close show at White Cube
Rob Peart: The Facbook Thwarting T-Shirt
Anna Kinneir: Nelly Ben Hayoun’s International Space Orchestra
- Danish illustrator Rune Fisker’s clean, windswept surrealism
- Filmmaker Alice Dunseath presents a meditative reflection on life
- Edinburgh graduate Jack Fletcher's beautiful woodcut illustrations
- There Is' ace new typographic projects for Wired and New York Times magazine
- Clase bcn's bright but elegant identity for a Barcelona concert hall
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli