And so here we are again; post Christmas party hangovers throbbing, a sense of end of year ennui mixed with regret and a side order of shame. Never fear though we have just the thing for you; a Studio Audience Christmas special with nine guests a guesting, loads of creative highlights of 2013 and a whole bundle of in jokes. Enjoy.
And here – in particular order – are the things people picked out (as if you care).
Will Hudson: The Esquire Big Black Book
Alex Bec: Rami Niemi’s ADC Annual illustrations
Maisie Skidmore: The British Library Kerouac exhibition
James Cartwright: The Light Show
Liv Siddall: Great adverts from Mercedes, Volvo Trucks and Hello Flo.
Julian Ellerby: The 6A Architects Paul Smith store
Bruce Usher: The new Dairy Milk branding and the Chuck Close show at White Cube
Rob Peart: The Facbook Thwarting T-Shirt
Anna Kinneir: Nelly Ben Hayoun’s International Space Orchestra
- Damien Maloney talks about how he became a "self-taught hobbyist photographer"
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos