Well a very good day to you all. As we wind down to the extended bank holiday weekend we thought we’d throw a podcast your way as you’ve got a three-day weekend in which to enjoy it (perhaps more than once) and think over the news we’ve bestowed upon you. In a radical twist of events your usual host (the silky-voiced Rob Alderson) had to be in New York for the week so we’ve changed things up a bit (not much) with exciting results!
In section one this week we reminisced over David Beckham’s illustrious advertising career – promoting everything from sugary drinks to the tightest kecks you’ve ever seen – as he retired from professional football, wondered whether Cannes or Clerkenwell was the most exciting industry event taking place this week, and had a bit of a love-in with the Chelsea Flower Show. We also gawped at the recent record-breaking sale of Gerhard Richter’s Domplatz, Mailaind and got excited about our upcoming creative symposium, Here.
Section Two this week found us wondering whether Tumblr and Yahoo are really a good fit and debating the pros and cons of Google having it’s own law-free island presided over by (naked or otherwise) Larry Page following his now-infamous keynote to Google employees.
- Steve Powers' New York street signs offer an alternative perspective
- Rebecca Scheinberg comes pretty damn close to making perfect photographs
- Hamburg-based studio I Like Birds' comprehensive film festival identity
- The Plant creates identity for Walthamstow business hub using a process from 1905
- Wayfaring land artist Richard Long pays homage to his Bristol roots
- Designs for a tarot deck celebrating black stars and overseen by Jodorowsky
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Street photographer Vincent Chapters captures London’s spirit
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns