Well a very good day to you all. As we wind down to the extended bank holiday weekend we thought we’d throw a podcast your way as you’ve got a three-day weekend in which to enjoy it (perhaps more than once) and think over the news we’ve bestowed upon you. In a radical twist of events your usual host (the silky-voiced Rob Alderson) had to be in New York for the week so we’ve changed things up a bit (not much) with exciting results!
In section one this week we reminisced over David Beckham’s illustrious advertising career – promoting everything from sugary drinks to the tightest kecks you’ve ever seen – as he retired from professional football, wondered whether Cannes or Clerkenwell was the most exciting industry event taking place this week, and had a bit of a love-in with the Chelsea Flower Show. We also gawped at the recent record-breaking sale of Gerhard Richter’s Domplatz, Mailaind and got excited about our upcoming creative symposium, Here.
Section Two this week found us wondering whether Tumblr and Yahoo are really a good fit and debating the pros and cons of Google having it’s own law-free island presided over by (naked or otherwise) Larry Page following his now-infamous keynote to Google employees.
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Kyle Weeks’ photos portray the traditional and contemporary identity of the Himba people
- Ace & Tate commissions Hanna Putz to launch its Creative Fund
- Smart geometry-led identity for east London venue Brilliant Corners by Studio Remote
- Superb designs by Bureau Mirko Borsche for Tush magazine
- Artist Mona Hatoum electrifies the senses in her first retrospective at the Tate Modern
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs