Well a very good day to you all. As we wind down to the extended bank holiday weekend we thought we’d throw a podcast your way as you’ve got a three-day weekend in which to enjoy it (perhaps more than once) and think over the news we’ve bestowed upon you. In a radical twist of events your usual host (the silky-voiced Rob Alderson) had to be in New York for the week so we’ve changed things up a bit (not much) with exciting results!
In section one this week we reminisced over David Beckham’s illustrious advertising career – promoting everything from sugary drinks to the tightest kecks you’ve ever seen – as he retired from professional football, wondered whether Cannes or Clerkenwell was the most exciting industry event taking place this week, and had a bit of a love-in with the Chelsea Flower Show. We also gawped at the recent record-breaking sale of Gerhard Richter’s Domplatz, Mailaind and got excited about our upcoming creative symposium, Here.
Section Two this week found us wondering whether Tumblr and Yahoo are really a good fit and debating the pros and cons of Google having it’s own law-free island presided over by (naked or otherwise) Larry Page following his now-infamous keynote to Google employees.
- The Ulm Model: a school and its pursuit of a critical design practice
- New One in New York: Simón Sepúlveda's six month design diary
- Eloïse Rossetti’s narrative and research-driven graphic design
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau captures the humorous nuances of adult life
- Photographer Joshua Gordon's “loose diary” of work (NSFW)
- Four projects from Kickstarter's Make100 initiative which caught our eye
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant