Good people of planet earth, lend me your ears (not literally, that’d be hideous). The fourth episode of our Studio Audience podcast has hovered into view over the skyline like the spaceships in Independence Day but rather than threatening to kill us all, it’s just bringing some art and design chat for your delectation. Lovely stuff.
This week things kicked off with a look at this year’s Oscars – the winners and of course the losers (including much-criticised host Seth McFarlane). We then looked at Jamie Hawkesworth’s excellent Ai Weiwei studio shoot, touched on our Nice Wednesdays event headlined by the brilliant Rob Ryan and discussed the not-at-all-batsh*t-crazy idea to build an exact replica of the Titanic. Plus we took joy in Andy Rementer and Honet’s ace animations for Lacoste (below).
First up we talked about the rights and wrongs of the plans to dismantle a Frank Lloyd Wright house in New Jersey and move it to Italy in a bid to save it from flooding.
And then we turned sour attention to a new show celebrating the art of the pop video and talked about whether Youtube was a creative help or hinderance in this area. My guests also chose their favourites (above and below).
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016