You know what time it is, we know what time it is. Actually, some of you probably don’t know what time it is so allow us to illuminate you; it’s podcast time, people! And that means 20 glorious minutes of the finest art and design chat available to your human ears, plus a lot of laughing about nothing and the occasional mad rant. What else out there can help you procrastinate and educate you at the same time?
In the first section this week we discussed Damien Hirst’s design contribution to this year’s Brit Awards, we were astounded by the fundraising powers of Kickstarter and Wobble Works in their million dollar startup effort for the extraordinary 3Doodler (above), we took a look at some of the best new magazine covers around (below), laughed a little at Burger King’s unfortunate Twitter hack and then feared the future of mobile technology thanks to Google’s latest wearable product, Glass.
First up in section two we discussed the huge influx of incredible art shows in London at the moment, from The Hayward Gallery’s Light Show to Roy Lichtenstein at Tate and Duchamp at Barbican.
And secondly we took a look at two stunning pieces of animation currently battling it out for an Oscar, one by film students from NFTS and the other from animation behemoths, Disney.
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)