You know what time it is, we know what time it is. Actually, some of you probably don’t know what time it is so allow us to illuminate you; it’s podcast time, people! And that means 20 glorious minutes of the finest art and design chat available to your human ears, plus a lot of laughing about nothing and the occasional mad rant. What else out there can help you procrastinate and educate you at the same time?
In the first section this week we discussed Damien Hirst’s design contribution to this year’s Brit Awards, we were astounded by the fundraising powers of Kickstarter and Wobble Works in their million dollar startup effort for the extraordinary 3Doodler (above), we took a look at some of the best new magazine covers around (below), laughed a little at Burger King’s unfortunate Twitter hack and then feared the future of mobile technology thanks to Google’s latest wearable product, Glass.
First up in section two we discussed the huge influx of incredible art shows in London at the moment, from The Hayward Gallery’s Light Show to Roy Lichtenstein at Tate and Duchamp at Barbican.
And secondly we took a look at two stunning pieces of animation currently battling it out for an Oscar, one by film students from NFTS and the other from animation behemoths, Disney.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations