You know what time it is, we know what time it is. Actually, some of you probably don’t know what time it is so allow us to illuminate you; it’s podcast time, people! And that means 20 glorious minutes of the finest art and design chat available to your human ears, plus a lot of laughing about nothing and the occasional mad rant. What else out there can help you procrastinate and educate you at the same time?
In the first section this week we discussed Damien Hirst’s design contribution to this year’s Brit Awards, we were astounded by the fundraising powers of Kickstarter and Wobble Works in their million dollar startup effort for the extraordinary 3Doodler (above), we took a look at some of the best new magazine covers around (below), laughed a little at Burger King’s unfortunate Twitter hack and then feared the future of mobile technology thanks to Google’s latest wearable product, Glass.
First up in section two we discussed the huge influx of incredible art shows in London at the moment, from The Hayward Gallery’s Light Show to Roy Lichtenstein at Tate and Duchamp at Barbican.
And secondly we took a look at two stunning pieces of animation currently battling it out for an Oscar, one by film students from NFTS and the other from animation behemoths, Disney.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant