It’s hot, it’s summer, University is over and you’re spending your time wandering dazed between the wildest festivals that the country has to offer. As part of the It’s Nice That Graduates 2013 (supported again by Represent Recruitment) we have teamed up with The Mill Co. Project to offer all the recent art and design graduates in the country the chance to win a very, very exciting prize.
We are offering one graduate from any university in the UK the chance to win a six month desk space at the London Studio of The Mill Co. Project, “a social enterprise scheme designed to create an environment in which independent designers and artists can flourish and work both independently and as part of a community.”
Immersive and community-driven, this east London desk space will open up a whole new world of potential collaborations and community-based projects to kickstart your career, plus essentials like internet access and meeting facilities.
The competition is simple, all you need to do is design an item that could potentially be sold in The Mill Co. Store. From T-shirts to tea towels and from mugs to stationery, this is your chance to create something you’ve always wanted to see come to life and could win you a seriously coveted prize. To enter, please email your designs to email@example.com with the subject line of “Desk Space.”
We’ve only gone and extended the deadline to August 31st, so what are you waiting for? Creative caps back on students, show us what you’ve got.
We are very pleased that The It’s Nice That Graduates 2013 is once again being supported by Represent Recruitment who are themselves celebrating being ten years old this summer. The graphic design recruitment specialists have developed a peerless reputation working with designers of all levels and matching them up with the right positions in some of the top agencies around. Represent’s support has helped us grow the Graduates scheme over recent years and we are thrilled they have partnered with us again in 2013.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again