Now that you’ve stuffed your face with more turkey than you’d normally touch in a year, sluiced it down with champagne, wine, port and coffee, passed wind in front of your relatives with a flagrant disregard for common courtesy and kicked back on the sofa with only the twentieth re-run of The Great Escape you’ll see in your life, you’ve got a bit of a problem – what the hell else are you going to do with the rest of Christmas day?
Family tradition means you can’t leave the house without incurring your mother’s wrath for the next few months, but if you have to engage your grandparents in yet another hour of small talk you’ll probably have to lynch one of them, even if it does jeopardise your inheritance. Luckily for you The Weekender’s planned ahead because The Weekender likes nothing less than feeling bloated and having nothing to do – apart from eggnog; it really HATES eggnog.
With that in mind The Weekender presents the spirit of Christmas, encapsulated in three short films that sum up the very essence of this glorious day:
Nah only kidding! The Weekender wasn’t prepared for this festive lull at all, it’s been out on the razz for the past week drinking sherry and cracking on to its co-workers – it barely even had time to buy any presents. Now go out and enjoy yourselves you lazy bunch, and spend some quality time with your lovely grandparents. But first watch a man wrapping up a cat!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016