Now that you’ve stuffed your face with more turkey than you’d normally touch in a year, sluiced it down with champagne, wine, port and coffee, passed wind in front of your relatives with a flagrant disregard for common courtesy and kicked back on the sofa with only the twentieth re-run of The Great Escape you’ll see in your life, you’ve got a bit of a problem – what the hell else are you going to do with the rest of Christmas day?
Family tradition means you can’t leave the house without incurring your mother’s wrath for the next few months, but if you have to engage your grandparents in yet another hour of small talk you’ll probably have to lynch one of them, even if it does jeopardise your inheritance. Luckily for you The Weekender’s planned ahead because The Weekender likes nothing less than feeling bloated and having nothing to do – apart from eggnog; it really HATES eggnog.
With that in mind The Weekender presents the spirit of Christmas, encapsulated in three short films that sum up the very essence of this glorious day:
Nah only kidding! The Weekender wasn’t prepared for this festive lull at all, it’s been out on the razz for the past week drinking sherry and cracking on to its co-workers – it barely even had time to buy any presents. Now go out and enjoy yourselves you lazy bunch, and spend some quality time with your lovely grandparents. But first watch a man wrapping up a cat!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk to follow on social media
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery