Now that you’ve stuffed your face with more turkey than you’d normally touch in a year, sluiced it down with champagne, wine, port and coffee, passed wind in front of your relatives with a flagrant disregard for common courtesy and kicked back on the sofa with only the twentieth re-run of The Great Escape you’ll see in your life, you’ve got a bit of a problem – what the hell else are you going to do with the rest of Christmas day?
Family tradition means you can’t leave the house without incurring your mother’s wrath for the next few months, but if you have to engage your grandparents in yet another hour of small talk you’ll probably have to lynch one of them, even if it does jeopardise your inheritance. Luckily for you The Weekender’s planned ahead because The Weekender likes nothing less than feeling bloated and having nothing to do – apart from eggnog; it really HATES eggnog.
With that in mind The Weekender presents the spirit of Christmas, encapsulated in three short films that sum up the very essence of this glorious day:
Nah only kidding! The Weekender wasn’t prepared for this festive lull at all, it’s been out on the razz for the past week drinking sherry and cracking on to its co-workers – it barely even had time to buy any presents. Now go out and enjoy yourselves you lazy bunch, and spend some quality time with your lovely grandparents. But first watch a man wrapping up a cat!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
- Ed Carvalho-Monaghan’s line work is translated into knitwear for It’s Nice That’s Unmade collection
- A fierce portrait of the battles, snaps and outrageous outfits of voguing culture from Ewen Spencer
- Artist Andrey Remnev’s hypnotic Russian Medieval-style paintings
- Illustrator Lili des Bellons' chipper images are full of geometric whimsy
- Matt and Dan’s stark graphic posters for Daniel Avery’s Divided Love
- A hotel’s Wes Anderson-esque dated decor and plant life photographed by Ina Niehoff
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- New Adult Swim project from the bonkers people behind some sexy Craigslist animations