Now that you’ve stuffed your face with more turkey than you’d normally touch in a year, sluiced it down with champagne, wine, port and coffee, passed wind in front of your relatives with a flagrant disregard for common courtesy and kicked back on the sofa with only the twentieth re-run of The Great Escape you’ll see in your life, you’ve got a bit of a problem – what the hell else are you going to do with the rest of Christmas day?
Family tradition means you can’t leave the house without incurring your mother’s wrath for the next few months, but if you have to engage your grandparents in yet another hour of small talk you’ll probably have to lynch one of them, even if it does jeopardise your inheritance. Luckily for you The Weekender’s planned ahead because The Weekender likes nothing less than feeling bloated and having nothing to do – apart from eggnog; it really HATES eggnog.
With that in mind The Weekender presents the spirit of Christmas, encapsulated in three short films that sum up the very essence of this glorious day:
Nah only kidding! The Weekender wasn’t prepared for this festive lull at all, it’s been out on the razz for the past week drinking sherry and cracking on to its co-workers – it barely even had time to buy any presents. Now go out and enjoy yourselves you lazy bunch, and spend some quality time with your lovely grandparents. But first watch a man wrapping up a cat!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
- Christian Pardini's Studio Flat creates neat type-based posters, postcards and identity design
- Lynnie Zulu decorates her exotic characters in punchy hues and patterns
- Mark Manzi makes a spectacle of spectators at the Queen’s 90th Birthday
- French studio Large’s confident and consistent designs for electronic music mag Trax
- New work from Supermundane show Everything Connects
- Oliver Jeffers, Yuri Suzuki, Anna Ginsburg and Jimmy Turrell at Nicer Tuesdays
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round