Now that you’ve stuffed your face with more turkey than you’d normally touch in a year, sluiced it down with champagne, wine, port and coffee, passed wind in front of your relatives with a flagrant disregard for common courtesy and kicked back on the sofa with only the twentieth re-run of The Great Escape you’ll see in your life, you’ve got a bit of a problem – what the hell else are you going to do with the rest of Christmas day?
Family tradition means you can’t leave the house without incurring your mother’s wrath for the next few months, but if you have to engage your grandparents in yet another hour of small talk you’ll probably have to lynch one of them, even if it does jeopardise your inheritance. Luckily for you The Weekender’s planned ahead because The Weekender likes nothing less than feeling bloated and having nothing to do – apart from eggnog; it really HATES eggnog.
With that in mind The Weekender presents the spirit of Christmas, encapsulated in three short films that sum up the very essence of this glorious day:
Nah only kidding! The Weekender wasn’t prepared for this festive lull at all, it’s been out on the razz for the past week drinking sherry and cracking on to its co-workers – it barely even had time to buy any presents. Now go out and enjoy yourselves you lazy bunch, and spend some quality time with your lovely grandparents. But first watch a man wrapping up a cat!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a “trippers guide” to the iPhone 64
- Alex de Mora on shooting Vice parties and famous footballers
- Natacha Paschal’s “deformed” interpretations of mag covers and fashion ads
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Photographer Adrian Samson plays with space and perspective in this series of “still lifes”
- Photographer Sophie Green captures pagans at Stonehenge's summer solstice
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design