The last five days have brought us a lovely collection of things, with hints of rock and roll, cardboard boxes and punctuation. It’s going to be a tasty one.
Mono.Kultur #33: Spring 2013
While we’re shivering in the It’s Nice That studio, Mono.Kultur have had the brilliant idea of skipping winter all together and going straight to their Spring 2013 edition. It centres around Sonic Youth’s Kim Gordon, featuring art work from the musician and an insight into the world of rock and roll.
Viviane Schwarz & Flying Eye Books: Welcome To Your Awesome Robot
If you’ve ever wanted to make a robot out of a cardboard box then look no further. With step-by-step instructions, it shows you how to give your robot features, internal storage, and the best part, you get a certificate at the end. Who says this is just for children?
Flamingo: The Future Craft Issue
Celebrating the art of craftsmanship, this magazine is a visual delight. Great features including how to brew the perfect beer and how to get green fingered. Another ingenious feature is Workstations – where illustrators like Timothy Hunt show us their creative space through their image-making.
Christian Morgenstern: In The Land Of Punctuation
First published in 1905 by German poet Christian Morgenstern, this picture book is a unique combination of typography, language and politics. The simple yet brilliant illustrations of Rathna Ramanathan bring the poem to life. If I lived in the land of punctuation, I would also hate semi-colons.
Full Drop Co. package
Our friends at Full Drop Co. have sent us a bundle of truly wonderful things. Including a calendar and Shape & Staple – a booklet of spot, stripe, floral and geometric designs. These guys are seriously talented and envision a "pattern infused world. : Please can I live in your world?
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations