The last five days have brought us a lovely collection of things, with hints of rock and roll, cardboard boxes and punctuation. It’s going to be a tasty one.
Mono.Kultur #33: Spring 2013
While we’re shivering in the It’s Nice That studio, Mono.Kultur have had the brilliant idea of skipping winter all together and going straight to their Spring 2013 edition. It centres around Sonic Youth’s Kim Gordon, featuring art work from the musician and an insight into the world of rock and roll.
Viviane Schwarz & Flying Eye Books: Welcome To Your Awesome Robot
If you’ve ever wanted to make a robot out of a cardboard box then look no further. With step-by-step instructions, it shows you how to give your robot features, internal storage, and the best part, you get a certificate at the end. Who says this is just for children?
Flamingo: The Future Craft Issue
Celebrating the art of craftsmanship, this magazine is a visual delight. Great features including how to brew the perfect beer and how to get green fingered. Another ingenious feature is Workstations – where illustrators like Timothy Hunt show us their creative space through their image-making.
Christian Morgenstern: In The Land Of Punctuation
First published in 1905 by German poet Christian Morgenstern, this picture book is a unique combination of typography, language and politics. The simple yet brilliant illustrations of Rathna Ramanathan bring the poem to life. If I lived in the land of punctuation, I would also hate semi-colons.
Full Drop Co. package
Our friends at Full Drop Co. have sent us a bundle of truly wonderful things. Including a calendar and Shape & Staple – a booklet of spot, stripe, floral and geometric designs. These guys are seriously talented and envision a "pattern infused world. : Please can I live in your world?
- Exclusive: Watch Will Robson-Scott’s new film “God Loves Ugly”
- An exclusive first look inside the next issue of Hero
- Koln Studio's new website displays their extensive and inventive graphic design
- Printed Pages AW16 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints and more!
- Giuliano Buttafuoco depicts character through bright colours and sparse details
- Issue two of Pollen magazine explores this “creaturely life”
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity