Having first established themselves in Rotterdam in 2002, Toko have been permanently working out of Sydney since 2006, developing a portfolio of creative work for national and international clients. Their approach to design is informed by the rich heritage found in a Dutch-European culture of design and branding; exemplified by Formations: New Practices in Australian Architecture. The publication, that features first-rate design and dazzling visuals, was produced as part of the visual identity for the Australian exhibition at the 13th Venice International Biennale – the world’s most important architectural event.
Toko worked in collaboration with Anthony Burke and Gerard Reinmuth to produce Formations as a concept, logo and visual language to “create a true gesamtkunstwerk (total work of art) whereby the sum of all parts form one cohesive and considered solution.”
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan