There’s not many people we write about on here who I can intro by announcing that I’ve seen their genitals, but wonderfully-named Australian Wade Jeffree is one such creative. The Australian designer is now based in New York city where he works at Sagmeister & Walsh (for whom he stripped down as part one of the studio’s legendary naked promo images). But let’s leave little Wade out of this and focus instead on his other talents.
What’s great about Wade’s portfolio is his versatility, and his sublime confidence dealing with whatever subject matter comes his way. The two projects we’ve chosen to demonstrate this couldn’t be more different. Shift is a booklet he worked on with John Wilson and Steven Lees and aimed “to change the perception of sustainable housing, resulting in the formation of a like-minded community.”
Far on the other side of the spectrum, Coming To America is a photographic and written documentation of the road trip from Nevada to NYC (taking in eight other states as well) which he undertook shortly after arriving in the USA.
Regardless of the projects’ obvious differences, Wade’s surefooted and interesting visual sensibilities are present in both; a good sign of a designer who knows what they want to achieve, and how they want to do it.
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016