Now, if you were paying very close attention, you would have seen that Alexander Lis was recently featured on the site for his After School Club collaborative project with Hort but, the German-based designer definitely deserves a post all of his own. A skilful visual communicator, his solid portfolio of graphic design entices with its blend of playful media, bright colours and a strong aesthetic style. It’s bold, experimental and feels contemporary without trying to be too trendy.
Alongside running his own self-initiated projects through fourfiveX, Lis teaches workshops, gives design lectures and co-founded BALI. No wonder he has been awarded one of the German Design Newcomer Awards 2012. Nice one!
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich