Now, if you were paying very close attention, you would have seen that Alexander Lis was recently featured on the site for his After School Club collaborative project with Hort but, the German-based designer definitely deserves a post all of his own. A skilful visual communicator, his solid portfolio of graphic design entices with its blend of playful media, bright colours and a strong aesthetic style. It’s bold, experimental and feels contemporary without trying to be too trendy.
Alongside running his own self-initiated projects through fourfiveX, Lis teaches workshops, gives design lectures and co-founded BALI. No wonder he has been awarded one of the German Design Newcomer Awards 2012. Nice one!
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Sweet, surreal still lifes by Paris-based Clotilde Viannay
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Music's slick, dark designs for British Fashion Council annual review
- Wonder Room shows how to adapt posters designed for print for online
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli