We’ve all been there: it’s mid afternoon, you had too much lunch, the coffee’s worn off and the inspiration levels are in the doldrums. But that moodboard won’t build itself, right? So you head over to Pinterest and hope the good people there might have done some of the work for you.
Well next time you’re in need of a creative fix head straight to Will Hall’s Pony Fight, aka the weirdest selection of Pinterest boards ever assembled. Will is executive creative director at rain.agency, with a snazzy portfolio of award-winning work to peruse if you’re that way inclined. But his Pinterest is a rabbit hole down which we’re happy to follow him, with a selection of some of the most bizarre image collections we’ve ever come across. From Eating Money to Homemade Tanks, Illegible Metal Tattoos to Spelling Bee Eliminations and Makeshift Bras to Sexy Chewbaccas, there’s a whole host of imagery here you never even knew you needed in your life. Come for the pictures, but stay for Will’s occasional commentary (“Nipple slip on Aisle Jason” being a particular favourite).
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design