We’ve all been there: it’s mid afternoon, you had too much lunch, the coffee’s worn off and the inspiration levels are in the doldrums. But that moodboard won’t build itself, right? So you head over to Pinterest and hope the good people there might have done some of the work for you.
Well next time you’re in need of a creative fix head straight to Will Hall’s Pony Fight, aka the weirdest selection of Pinterest boards ever assembled. Will is executive creative director at rain.agency, with a snazzy portfolio of award-winning work to peruse if you’re that way inclined. But his Pinterest is a rabbit hole down which we’re happy to follow him, with a selection of some of the most bizarre image collections we’ve ever come across. From Eating Money to Homemade Tanks, Illegible Metal Tattoos to Spelling Bee Eliminations and Makeshift Bras to Sexy Chewbaccas, there’s a whole host of imagery here you never even knew you needed in your life. Come for the pictures, but stay for Will’s occasional commentary (“Nipple slip on Aisle Jason” being a particular favourite).
- Inès Longevial’s deliciously rich geometric paintings
- Illustrator Richard Ellis’ joyfully large-breasted and bare-bottomed characters
- Graphic design grad Georgia Cranstoun reconsiders authorship with a “bootleg” book
- Bohuy Kim’s “strange but splendid” poster designs
- Tokyo-based photographer Yota Yoshida’s “poetic expressions in the everyday”
- Roberta Sant’Anna takes her camera inside a weird and wonderful Brazilian water park
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know