We’ve all been there: it’s mid afternoon, you had too much lunch, the coffee’s worn off and the inspiration levels are in the doldrums. But that moodboard won’t build itself, right? So you head over to Pinterest and hope the good people there might have done some of the work for you.
Well next time you’re in need of a creative fix head straight to Will Hall’s Pony Fight, aka the weirdest selection of Pinterest boards ever assembled. Will is executive creative director at rain.agency, with a snazzy portfolio of award-winning work to peruse if you’re that way inclined. But his Pinterest is a rabbit hole down which we’re happy to follow him, with a selection of some of the most bizarre image collections we’ve ever come across. From Eating Money to Homemade Tanks, Illegible Metal Tattoos to Spelling Bee Eliminations and Makeshift Bras to Sexy Chewbaccas, there’s a whole host of imagery here you never even knew you needed in your life. Come for the pictures, but stay for Will’s occasional commentary (“Nipple slip on Aisle Jason” being a particular favourite).
- Meet the speakers: Hollie Fernando, Andrew Rae, Raine Allen-Miller and Random International
- Political illustrator Ellie Foreman-Peck on her unfortunately abundant Trump back catalogue
- Deep Throat Studio, a graphic design practice with a name and portfolio to grab your attention
- Photographer David Gomez Maestre captures the romance of sun-blushed landscapes
- ECAL grad Jean-Vincent Simonet’s “totally twisted” image-making
- Benedict Brink is shaking up fashion photography
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU